How much do test proctors charge?

i'm gonna start an online (college course) and it says i will be needing a test proctor for two exams....

also do you think i can use my high school counselor as a test proctor? (i'm not in high school anymore)

Update:

what would my high school counselor need to do in order be become my proctor? is it necessary to get some kind of approval?

(yes i have we have a close relationship)

So FAR, thanks for ur answers :D

5 Answers

Relevance
  • CoachT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on the proctor and testing site. Who you can use as a proctor depends on which college you're at. Some will allow you to use any certified teacher that will proctor for you and many will let you use a librarian. Those are usually no-charge.

Others will require that you use a college/university testing center - those will run you about $25.

If you're in the military (or reserve/guard) you can usually use the CO or Education Officer for free.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Fix A Broken Marriage http://enle.info/SaveYourMarriage
  • jateef
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If you have a decent relationship with a former counselor, you can probably ask him/her to proctor your exams. I doubt this person would charge you, but you could send him/her a nice letter after you are finished with the course.

Source(s): teacher, who has proctored exams for other students.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Usually community colleges have relationships with other colleges/universities so they will proctor tests for free. Your online college will give you the parameters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

That drives me insane! I've actually stopped doing a lot of things on line because of that. It really is annoying to go to all that trouble to end up with nothing. The last IQ test I took online wasn't free either but I don't remember how they advertised it. Sorry, I feel your pain. Good Luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.