Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists: Do you wear atheist apparel in public?

I'm curious. There are some really nice atheist apparel out there, but where I live, I might get shot if I wore it.

Do any of you ever wear it? If so, where do you wear it?

I mean stuff with atheist logos ... such as the evolution design, and the Jesus fish on the grill. (which is my favorite.)

I don't think many of you really got the question

• Metzae
    Favorite Answer

I do. The trick is to find apparel that you *can* wear in public and not be an in-your-face atheist. I have several shirts with the perfect circle on it, and no one has any clue that they're basically seeing a crucifix on my chest. I also have a t-shirt that has a cartoon Satan that says, "I don't believe in the devil, either."

For the most part, I think overtly antagonistic shirts are inappropriate, not matter what they declare. Wear that stuff to a concert or something where you're less likely to get persecuted. But don't be afraid to show your beliefs. Ain't nothin' wrawng wit' it!

• Alexis

My apparel consists of: a shirt and pants.

When I go out, I also wear shoes and a trench coat.

If that's considered "atheist apparel", I guess I do. Everything I own is black if that counts for anything.

What would "atheist apparel" look like? Nothing? You start doing that and I'll have to start wearing shirts that say "Jesus Saves!" (which I don't currently do BTW). I thought most atheists didn't like people shoving their beliefs down other peoples' throats that way. Just saying...

I wish I could, but I live in an area of Republicans, so it's not safe to wear that sort of stuff outside. The area of Republicans that I'm living in is Orange County.

I also find it funny how the people who are so religious are the ones being violent and judgmental toward others.

No, I do wear a lot of Wicked Jester T-Shirts though.

www.thewickedjester.com

My favorite is the one that says "Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough to instill tolerance?" Also love the Punk Skull, it reads "Education is the most effective form of rebellion."

Every day.

Of course my atheist apparel looks exactly like my Christian apparel.

How do you define Atheist apparel?

Are my clothes also anti-goblin and anti-vampire? As I don't believe in them either.

;0)

I have no idea what "Atheistic Apparel" is.

If I liked it, I would wear it... I just haven't seen any so I can't say either way.

And what the hell is atheist apparel? I wear whatever the Fudge I want.

Source(s): “We are all connected —to each other biologically; to the earth chemically; and to the rest of the universe atomically. It makes me happy…I actually feel quite large. We are in the universe, and the universe is in us”.

Yes, I wear hot pants and ascots everywhere I go.