Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Unhealthy hot snack food for ill person?

I'm hungry but I feel ill, so i'd like to eat something hot and unhealthy (comfort food :) ) but i cant go out and buy anything and i dont have hours to cook as i want to go back to bed ;)

Any Ideas??

thanks guys :)

not really sure what the magic lamp was about but oh well...

I'm going to eat now :]

Favorite Answer

If you have a crust, make a pot pie. It's easy, quick, and total comfort food. Just throw in whatever "Cream of" soups you have lying around, chicken if you have it, and veggies. Yum.

My opinions vary on this issue depending on the day. I would like to say that I am unbiased, but sometimes I catch myself being judgemental. The fact that both people are eating an unhealthy snack says to me that they are happy with their appearance and could care less about what they eat, or maybe they could care less about their health. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean that they are healthy or in shape (ever heard of skinny-fat? ---being thin but having a high body-fat percentage). Along the same lines, the person who appears to be fat could simply be big, but have a lot of muscle, so they appear larger. Then again, we all need a break. The key to successful weight loss is either to let yourself cheat every once in a while (or else the diet will fail), or to completely change your lifestyle and eating habits. It could be that the skinny person will eat the unhealthy snack then sit on the couch for a few hours, and the "fat" person may plan to work it off at the gym later.

Have a potato? You could nuke it and fix it up. (avoid spicy stuff though) You know, Baked Potato - Or, Potato Soup in simple way) slice more (peeling optional) potatos into about 3/4 inch slices and cover w/ water like 'mashed potatos' but 'not' cuz it takes too long for ill feeling people to cook too long.The cool thing about this potato soup if you have 2 to 4 potatos it will last a couple of days (depending on the amount you eat and how many potatos) for you to just nuke and eat. Boil until fork barely goes through potatos ( we don't want mush) . Take off burner, Drain most water. Now, just add BUTTER, or, ok whatever you use for butter substitute (I just want you to feel better) and milk (not too much milk though, just enough to make you say "yeah". Salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash if you have it but no big deal if you don't. According to how many potatos you use (the more the better if you're sick cuz you can come back for more and use a generous sized pot) I hope you feel better soon. I hate to be sick! Nope, not that healthy but very good! Lots of butter MMMMM....You should go into sweet slumber. Do you have any 'frozen meals' that won't upset your stomache? Or...bread, muffins, with butter and honey....Wish I could channel your kitchen!

When I'm sick I like warm food not cold stuff. BUT>..thank about Yogurt, Ensure, (not citrus type) drinks to sip on and LOTS of water. Scour your fridge and cupboards - I have even opened cans of corn (or frozen) when ill. I know you're sick, sweetie, but look around your kitchen. I will be thinking of you - hey, even canned potatos are great! Watch your salt intake and just eat what you can. Praying for you! Oh, I just remembered PASTA. Noodles with anything you have in your kitchen - wow, are they comforting or what? Cream of Mushroom soup on noodles. Go by your desires - our bodies know what they want....

Source(s): Mom's 'feel good' stuff
  • do you have a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese. Definitely hot unhealthy comfort food and it's yummy

• Rab.

Cheese on toast,quick hot and not to unhealthy but comfort food it can be. I hope this helps. Get well. Rab

Source(s): I am a Chef.

Microwave pizza. Sponge pudding in a can. Cake and custard. Sausages, mash and gravy.

Not necessarily in that order. Get well.

Curly fries are my fave. Are also dry and fairly lain if you feel sick.

I love soup if I have a cold but it's actually quite good for you!

Get well soon x

Jeez. How about some cheese fondue. Don't worry about getting thirsty cuz you already got that covered with that whine (wine). Lazy broad!!!!!

Deep fry a hotdog.