I'm having troubling getting a home loan with Bank of America due to a resolved dispute.?

I was told that my wife and I were pre-approved for a home loan by Bank of America. Now, after finding a house and signing a contract agreeing on a price and closing date, I'm told that because we disputed a charge, we felt we were charged too much on a vet bill, we are being told we cannot get the loan. We... show more I was told that my wife and I were pre-approved for a home loan by Bank of America. Now, after finding a house and signing a contract agreeing on a price and closing date, I'm told that because we disputed a charge, we felt we were charged too much on a vet bill, we are being told we cannot get the loan. We dropped that dispute and now it is listed as resolved on Experian. Despite this we are told we would be downgraded and would not be eligible for a loan. I'm a bit confused. You should know that we have no debts. The only other thing we have going against us is a negative report Sallie Mae made on a education loan a year ago. That has been completely paid and we were told, in person and by email by our loan officer, that the negative report would not hurt us in our efforts to get the loan. As I stated earlier the only thing hurting us is the presence of a dispute marked "resolved" on Experian.