Do you think J.A Happ was jipped from Rookie Of the Year?

Personally, I think Coghlan was good but J.A's numbers from a pitching aspect is really good for any pitcher, not just a rookie.

• Mr.B
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't argue either case. Coghlan's .321 BA and .390 OBP are exellent, as was Happ's 2.93 ERA. Both are worthy, unfortunately only one could be chosen.

Tommy Hanson was better than JA Happ, period. If Chris does not win, Tommy should.

I think Coghlan had a better rookie year though. Happ did not even get 13 wins and he was really had in September. Plus the trend nowadays is rooting for position players. Coghland's .321 BA is crazy and his September number was crazy. The result turned in September. If Happ had a better September, he would probably have better chance because the Phillies is so much popular than the Marlins.

Anyway, no matter who wins, I thought all four of them deserved to win. (Happ, Coghlan, Hanson and McCatchen.)

I will say no; in fact, Chris Coghlan is the person who should have won it as he put up great stats for a rookie. I'm glad he wasn't overlooked.

If Happ, or Tommy Hanson, had won it, I would not have argued; Hanson's minus is that he wasn't called up until early June.

I hoped for J.A. Happ to win the award, but it wasn't to be. He had an outstanding Rookie season and not many can claim an under 3.00 ERA.

• mopjky

The Voters do not usually consider pitchers for this award. They like to think that if the pitcher was that good he'd be in the running for the cy young award. Personally,i thin JA Happ was short changed a little in the voting.

It was a toss up. Happ won his first 5 or 6 games against poor opponents. I'm not trying to take anything away from his season. He was a big reason the Phillies made it the world series.