So far, have the MLB awards been predictable or has anything surprised you?

BQ (mainly for the first person that bothers to answer): how long will it take to get 2 answers?

Favorite Answer

Everything seemed to be what I predicted. Couglan, ROY, I can understand that. I still strongly believe Hanson should have won.

What super shocked me was that Happ finished 2nd in the ROY voting, and Hanson got 3rd, and it wasnt close either! Hanson got like 34 points and Happ got like 93. That pissed me off. I mean, look at stats, everything, closely. Don't Hanson's numbers look alot better? I personally think Happ finished 2nd because his team made the playoffs, and because he got alot more attention than Hanson(being a Phillie). Also, perhaps because, he pitched all season. I still don't understand, I dont understand that logic. I'm not trying to take anything away from Happ, he pitched great all year. He is a great pitcher with great potential. He deserved a hight spot in the voting, I figured it would be alot closer between him and Hanson. It shocked me, that Happ finished so far ahead.

Hanson shut the Red Sox and Yankees down. He gave up 4 hits to the Yankees, and 2 hits to the Red Sox. One of his last starts he went 8 innings, 5 hits, no earned runs. He got a no-desicion because the Braves pen can't hold a lead. He struck out 11 in a game in July or August. At one point in the season he had a 23 score-less inning stretch. It ended when he gave up Adam Dunn's 300th home run. That game we went 7 innings, gave up 1 run(Dunn's homer), came out winnging 3-1. He, again got a no-desion, because Mike Gonzelez can't hold a 2-run lead. I don't think any GM in baseball, would take Happ over Hanson.

The number of votes he got for everything offends me, as Braves fan. Two votes for first place, six for second, and nine for third place. He is better than that, and I thought the people who voted for this award are better than that. Hanson deserves more respect than that.

Other than that everthing is exactly what I expected.

• Joe H

I was a little surprised with the ROY selection for the AL. Dont get me wrong, Bailey deserved it but he was flying under the radar compared to Elvis Andrus, Rick Porcello, Jeff Niemann.

The biggest mistake in the awards i see is aaron hill winning silver slugger over robinson cano. Cano had better stats in every category except HRs and RBIs and he wasnt too far behind. Meanwhile, he batted 34 points higher and outpaced him in every other offensive category including OPS.

The gold gloves were pretty much predictable but the AL ROY, i thought, would go to either Beckham or Andrus. The AL Cy Young is pretty much a given considering the season Greinke had, so if he wins it (which he better) there wouldn't be any surprise.

i'm a pink Sox fan and there is no denying Ellsbury's scouse borrow at abode become proper, yet i think of Buerhle's proper interest in the present day has been the best 2d so a great way. it is demanding sufficient to pitch a no-hitter; getting a proper interest is amazingly complicated - in spite of each and every thing, basically 17 pitchers had performed it earlier him! Congratulations to the White Sox and Buerhle.

I'm surprised Franklin Gutierrez didn't win a gold glove. He was easily the best defensive outfielder, and quite possibly the best defensive player in baseball last year.

I'm also a bit surprised that Chase Utley still hasn't won a gold glove after continuously being one of the top defensive 2B in the NL (not to mention hitting well, which helps GG cases a lot even though it shouldn't), but it's becoming pretty clear that he's probably surpassed Mike Cameron as the most underrated player in baseball.

porcello should have won the ROY, he had 1 less win then both CY young award winners last year

3.96 ERA for a rookie isn't bad either

laird should have won the gold glove over mauer

• Michael Borne winning a gold glove surprised me but other than that everthing has been predictable.

Nothing is logical in MLB any more, so I'm not surprised at all.

BQ: it took 17 hours.

• .

No, not really. However, I thought Gordon Beckham was going to win AL ROTY, but that honor went to Andrew Bailey and deservingly so, he was the lone bright spot for the A's.

coughlan winning. i thought maybe happ or hanson would get it, and orlando hudson getting a gold glove, thought it would be utley, but other than that pretty predictable so far