? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

What would happen if I punch a celebrity in the face law?

im 17 and i live in NJ what would happen hypotheticly if i knocked out a big time celebrity who is also under age say i knocked out justin bieber who is 15 what do you think my charges and troubles would be what is the law im breaking

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You;d be charged with NJ's version of assault and child endangerment. You'd probably get treated more harshly because your case is more publicly visible. Also, regardless of your actual charges, you'd become a blog celebrity - Bieber fans across the web would have you named as "that illiterate jerk from Jersey", you'd become a monolog joke on SNL, and you can be sure that TMZ will follow you the whole way (10 meters really doesn;t give you much breathing room).

Also, your criminal record would follow you for the rest of your life.

You may have some help if you're charged as a juvenile - but even so, the benefits of a juvenile recrd (that it's sealed) will be nullified by the publicity you receive for being a 17 year old bully who beats up 15 year olds.

Remember how much everybody made fun of Kanye West after he got into trouble at the 2009 VMA's? Well a couple of salient points.

Kanye didn't commit a crime

He didn't victimize a younger kid.

Kanye is/was a celebrity - a lot fo people started out liking him.

• 1 decade ago

It would be assault and battery (2-10 years in jail) regardless of whether the person you punched was a celebrity or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Assault and Battery and tried as an adult

Possibly a large civil suit if that celebrity made money off of their looks

• 1 decade ago

lol! What do YOU think would happen?

Jeez... You'd most deffinately get an assault and battery charge, if whoever, decided to press them. And I'm almost certain they would. I would.

And you'd be tried as an adult. Your to old to get that soft juvenile crap. :/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.