Visor usage statistics?

Is it me, or is visor usage up significantly over the last two years (I remember seeing a statistic published on a team-by-team basis but haven't been able to find it)?

If anyone has data can they share?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Since the numbers have already been provided

It has gone up, mainly because of one of those little contradictions. The NHL 'would like' to make visors mandatory, but as we all know, they need the support of the NHLPA to do so. To date, the NHL has so far resisted the NHL's attempts to make this happen by insisting that it should be up to the individual players to make that decision. At the same time, the NHLPA has twice sent out letters to it's membership asking them to consider visors.

Some other things to consider

1) Visors are slowly becoming mandatory across Europe, meaning transitory players will eventually end up wearing them

2) Visors/shields are mandatory in the CHL, NCAA, and all IIHF sanctioned tournaments for the U-20 subset of players

3) Visors are being mandated to be mandatory for all IIHF sanctioned and co-sanctioned tournaments by 2014 (this would include the Olympics (co-sanctioned by the IOC) and Canada Cup/World Cups (co-sanctioned by the NHL and NHLPA))

***Currently NHLPA members are NOT required to wear visors during the Olympics/World Championships (Mario Lemieux opted not to wear one in 2002 under this provision) under a provision that the NHLPA has signed with the IIHF and IOC to protect their player's rights.

In a nutshell, more and more players are 'keeping' them after wearing them prior to joining the NHL, and statistics show that the number of head/facial injuries has increased over the last 20 years (up 263% between 1984 and 2004) prompting people to be smart.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I haven't seen the statistics, but now that you mention it, it does seem down, from my casual observation.

I know a lot of players have oppossed visors in the past because of the inconsistency of depth perception caused by the curved plastic (bending the light at different angles, it's like wearing trifocals where the change in focus gradually changes from center to periphery). When they first started coming out and becoming used, glare was an issue to, but I haven't heard about that being an issue for years.

• 1 decade ago

a survey in 2008 showed that visor usage was up 24% from 2001 in the nhl. according to hockeynews.com in 2007, 318 out of 640 nhl skaters use visors. a 3% increase from 06. ive read alot of articles where nhl managers and nhlpa guys have talked to players and advise guys to switch to visors, so that might be a part of the increase. along with all the young kids and euros who have to wear visors in their previous league.

• 4 years ago

Position your bets to get is easy with the Zcodes System from here https://tr.im/B2nkT .

Zcodes System is an incredibly exact plan as the forecasts are created by evaluating up several appropriate factors; the precision of the believed outcome is extremely high.

You'd believe it is almost impossible to aspect in so several elements and make the prediction as correctly by yourself for only one sporting function, aside from a complete day's betting's worth.

Zcodes is consistently being updated.  It's not an e-book.  It's a living, breathing, activities trading system.  

Zcodes System does the difficult meet your needs since is just a system that keep it fresh.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

If you ever wondered if will there be a betting system that can provide you with a higher percentage of earning bets than dropping one's then you have to know that this technique occur, will be here https://tr.im/tpYxM , Zcodes System.

Zcodes System is the very best sports investing software/system.  Ron, Paul, Steve, and their team of programmers used around 2 years beta-testing Zcodes before even launching it live and it certainly shows. 

If you want to make money, a bundle then, uses Zcodes System.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.