How can auto body repair shops offer to pay your deductible?

Is this a scam? What if my deductible is $1000?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Spanky
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have never heard of a shop paying for someone's deductible but I have heard the insurance company waiving the deductible due to an accident not being your fault.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your deductible is $1000 you have to pay that to the body repair shop(assuming repair estimates exceed $1000). They will in turn pay for the expenses of repairing you car and will be reimbursed by your insurance agency. Anything that does not follow this simple system is a scam!!!

They might want to pay your deductible if they claim that there is more damage on your car than there really is. Then the insurance company will have to pay the body repair shop for more than the initial repairs are worth.

This sounds a bit complicated but, yes they are trying to scam the insurance company, you will be asked to not ask too many questions when they make their repairs.

You need to avoid these people, they are breaking the law and you could be held accountable, especially if you are aware of what is going on. Naivety is no excuse in a court room!

• 3 years ago

it particularly is for sure an attempt to get your business enterprise. possibly they'll sacrifice a bigger income to maintain the save up and dealing. possibly they'll use much less costly aspects instead of the retail OEM aspects on the unique estimate. restore some aspects instead of replace them may be the thank you to shave the a number of expenditures. there is a extraordinary deal of mark-up on retail expenditures and a lot of "wiggle-room" for many shops to grant a chit, or, thus, to pay your deductible. A fairly smaller income is often greater helpful than an empty save - the overhead expenditures stay incredibly a lot an identical the two way.

• 1 decade ago

They bump up the price,to cover it.Get their quote,with their offer,then call two other shops.

Source(s): 28 years in auto parts,ASE2 Certified and CarQuest store manager.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.