Will Sony make a PS2 emulator for the PS3?

I've seen a couple websites say they will but i just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure or if anyone has a better source than me.

The emulator of course will let PS3 users play/download PS2 games

Best Answer

I don't think it will happen. There are two reasons for this. Sony knew what they were doing when they removed Backward Compatibility from the PS3. It wasn't because it was too expensive, it was so the consumer would have to buy a new PS2 becuase they sold their old PS2 when they bought the PS3, which means more money for Sony.

The other reason is Sony can put PS2 games on the PS Store and have people re-buy them, which again, makes more money for Sony. Sony is already putting PS1 games on the PS Store and they are selling very well and making a lot of money for Sony.

Why make a free software download when you can put the games on the Store and make money. Even though the PS3 can play PS1 games, PS1 download games are making a lot of money. A whole lot more people have PS2s, so the obvious decision for Sony would be to put the PS2 games on the store to re-buy so they can make all of that additional money.

• Erika

emulators are made for machines, like very own computers to run a particular application. to illustrate, there is what we call, epsxe application for computer, that emulates PS1 video games to be run on computer. I even have tried and examined this freeware and quite does run. There are rumors that there is a sparkling version of a ps2 emulator that quite runs video games for PS2. All i understand approximately PS3 is that it could already play previous video games for ps1 and ps2, so why the ought to discover an emulator..

I don't see it happening... The ps2 is still selling like hot cakes around the world.... As a business move Sony wouldn't to this.. Maybe next year?