United Concordia coverage?

I slightly chipped my front tooth and I am afraid that if I don't get it taken care of, it'll just keep chipping. I was wondering if anyone knew what category this might fall under (according to United Concordia). Would this be covered completely, or would I have a percentage to pay?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    United Concordia doesnt cover 100% for dependents!!!! not even for a small cavity filling. You get 2 free cleanings/check ups a year that are cover and that is it.... Everything else you have to pay a percentage... not sure what it would be for a chipped tooth... but for 2 small fillings (that werent clear, clear is considered "cosmetic") I had to pay I think $50-$60 and that was a year and a half ago. Your best bet would contact United Concordia directly and talk to them about how much you'd be covered for. Good luck.

    Source(s): USMC wife
  • NWIP
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    You would have to pay for a percentage of the repair to the tooth. The only thing that is free with the coverage is two cleanings a year and 1 xray every 2 years. The percentages range from 0 to 80%. You need to find a provider in your area and you can do that and find out what is covered by going to http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com/

    Now you can also check with the base dental clinic. Some bases/hospitals will cover some dental work done to dependents but there can be a waiting list if they do.

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    there wil be a copay. the booklet will tell you exactly what percentage you ar eexpected to pay.. anywhere from 20-80%.

    only if you are currently OCONUS will it be completley covered( had mine repaired while living in Japan.. and it fell off about 6 months later anyway).

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It is covered. Since your husband is paying a monthly fee you are covered. Do you have a dentist located on base for military dependants? If not you can go off base to a dentist that accepts United Concordia and from there they will fix it but you will have to pay a smal copay.

    Source(s): www.ucci.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.