Ella
Ella asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

Do I need a business license for an online business?

I'm starting up my own clothing line online (just t-shirts), and i wanted to know if it was required for me to have a business license, and also if there are any other licenses required like an importers license (since the clothes will be manufactured in a different country)?

Favorite Answer

You will need a business licence, ABN or ACN to have a business Web Site. If you try to set it up on a home page site, the owners will not accept it and the site will be deleted, after a period of time.

You need a business name and a business address. A home address is accepted as it will be a website. You can claim accidentals (for tax rebate) like stationery, electricity, and partial rent as long as it's set up in a particular room.

You don't need an import license, per se, unless you import the products yourself, which, it seems, you are going to do. It might be better to have an Import Agency do the importing and let them look after fees and charges and paperwork as it can get quite complicated, especially with Declarations.

You will need to pay duty tax and landing fees and other fees applicable. Make sure your product is purchased cheap enough to accommodate these fees, and your commission.

Hi! If you intend to use your website as a venue for promoting your products, the website does not need any license. You will only need licenses when you actually do importation or exportation.

But when you only intend to promote from your website and deliver any particular order to your customer via drop-shipping, there is no need for you to get licenses except when you also sell products locally in your country and your website is the medium of your sales.

Archangel

http://AOneHomeBusinessTechniques.com

I'm chinese guy,maybe i can help you on your business