Can Ohio residents get in state tuition at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)? Is there a reciprocity deal?

2 Answers

  • Danny
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Nope. Ohio doesn't have any reciprocity deals with any schools.

    If you really have your heart set on Michigan, you could move to the state of Michigan and work for a year BEFORE taking classes, then apply for in-state residency - if it works, you'd pay in-state tuition. However, it might not fool the school, then you'd have to pay out-of-state tuition.

    If costs are really a huge concern and you got into Michigan out-of-state, I'd recommend that you go to Ohio State. It might not be considered to be as good of a school, but it's not considered to be a bad school either and it is much, much cheaper if you live in Ohio. I was actually in that exact position in 2005, and I don't regret my decision one bit.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Nope, unfortunately

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.