A 36,000 Dow Jones Industrial average. It was predicted in a book and on TV by a republican pro in 1999.?

Update:

Do you know this looser?

Update 2:

Did they ever paid up?

In the January 2000 issue of The Atlantic Monthly, Glassman and Hassett replied to a critic of their theory that "if the Dow is closer to 10,000 than to 36,000 ten years from now (i.e. if the Dow is below 23,000 in January 2010), we will each give $1,000 to the charity of your choice."

Update 3:

Dow Jones Industrial Average(DJI: ^DJI)

Index Value: 10,270.47

Trade Time: Nov 13

Update 4:

Kevin A. Hassett was John McCain's chief economic adviser in the 2000 presidential primaries and an economic adviser to the campaigns of George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election and McCain in the presidential election of 2008.

James K. Glassman (born January 1, 1947 in Washington, D.C.) is an American conservative editorialist, journalist and author.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • mike H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

reference sarah palin link:

i'm sorry that i don't know the answer to your question. I was just embarrassed by the abusive and uncivil responses that you got for your question.

sounds like too many small minds opened their figurative mouths before they actually engaged their brains.

i just wanted to let you know that not all of us out here are boorish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I very dimly remember those names!! Wow - I hadn't heard about this piece of rubbish. There were a lot of total idiots who were cheer leaders for the stock market back then. Everything was SO CROOKED.

Clinton really never did back up his SEC man - and he let the Dot.Com Bubble get too hot - and then under Bush the fraud and stupidity were legendary in the SEC.

But a lot of millionaires were becoming billionaires in those days. And a lot of us lost a bundle on it.

Certainly!!! Bernie Madoff was a creation of these times.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep. Great Republican predictions!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure the prediction will come true--just maybe not in the lifetimes of our grandchilden.

It's easy to predict the stock market's performance when you never put a timeline on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Which one was republican? Your article doesn't say.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.