Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Believing what the Generals feed me about Captured US Soldier PFC Bergdahl????? I'm not so sure...here's why?

This passed July, US Army Paratrooper PFC Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban.

In Taliban captivity PFC Bergdahl says the following (@ 1:29):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0snkYYCcb4

Youtube thumbnail

"To my fellow Americans.... Please, please bring us home so that we can be back where we belong and not over here, wasting our time and our lives and our precious life that we could be using back in our own country.

Please bring us home. It is America and American people who have that power."

**

Ralph Peters, military analyst (ret. Lt. Colonel) says (@ 1:18) says that

REGARDLESS of whether Burgdahl was coerced or not, he is NOW a “COLLABORATOR” (@ 1:18):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL9P6W9vt6E

Youtube thumbnail

**

To this day, a 3,000-member US task force has (mysteriously) FAILED to find PFC Burgdahl.

#1) Given that the military (all militaries, actually) understand sacrificing a small number of soldiers for the sake of the mission, isn’t it likely that the generals (in reality) abandoned PFC Burgdahl (who they probably regard as a traitor anyway) so that the US public would be more reluctant to want to abandon Afganistan??

#2) It must be intentional that the generals secretly abandoned PFC Burgdahl…because, after all, How are we going to “rescue” a huge country full of people that dislike us if we can’t even rescue one paratrooper???

Favorite Answer

First of all, a soldier captured will be tortured and God knows what else to say things on tape that may not be true. Everyone knows that. There are many instances of this. Just Google it.

Also, we never abandon our guys - NEVER EVER EVER EVER. That is the first thing you are taught (practically) when you go to boot camp. There is a code of honor that goes with joining the military..

I can't speak for the officer you quote. I have no idea why he said that. It seems sad, because, if I were a member of the Armed forces, and if I were ever captured and someone said that about me, I would feel really abandoned. I mean, why say such a hateful and disgusting thing when the young PFC is a prisoner of war (POW) ? Is he trying to stir up anger towards the PFC or towards the war itself ? I have no idea what his agenda is.

It should be the well being of that PFC and how to get him home.

Peace.

He is a traitor. He is a deserter who wandered off of base. The Army should not risk any lives to save him.