prove that there is God. (see the details below)?

Prove that there is God. This is the situation. Comply with it.

I am a person who was locked up in a room since I am born. Therefore, I don't know a single thing about God, and I DON'T BELIEVE in the Bible.

Guys. just cool down okay?? stick to the topic. I myself truly believe in God, as a member of a strong church group. This is just a question raised in our university.

Favorite Answer

The problem with proving the existence of God is primarily due to a lack of a proper definition of God. And, the problem with forming a proper definition of God is the fact that we humans are simply incapable of conceiving of a being that could create the entire Universe.

However, that does not mean that there is no such thing as God. What it means is that the existence of God is wholly dependent on the definition of God and the evidence that supports that definition.

For the sake of argument, with both theists and atheists alike, I have defined God as All that is True in the Universe. Why? Because, this is the only God that meets the following criteria:

1 - Ability to create the Universe. This is obvious; since, it is obvious that All that is True in the Universe is responsible for its creation. This is axiomatic and cannot be refuted - period (although, you are welcome to try).

2 - Provability. All one need do to establish the existence of the God that I have defined is to prove that anything is true.

3 - It allows God to be God. This is simply another way of saying that it allows the truth to be whatever it might be, without my input or judgement about what it is.

4 - It allows God to be timeless. Since, truth has always existed in all places and at all times throughout the Universe.

5 - It allows all people to find God, regardless of their culture or their education or their upbringing. The truth is there for all to find. Therefore, the God that I have defined is there for all to find. They need only pursue the truth of all things, and they will find the God I have defined.

6- It requires no faith and makes no promises or threats. The God I have defined stands on His own and is testable and verifiable.

I know of no other definition of God that meets these criteria. And, mine is the only one that can be proven to exist that also is worthy of the title, "God."

The first thing to consider is that "God" is an ambiguous term. What is meant by "God" differs literally from person to person, even among people who claim to follow the same god from the same religion and even are part of the same denomination. So, before you even begin your debate, you must first establish what is meant by "God." This should include a list of characteristics, any dogmas pertaining to that deity, and any historical actions that god supposedly participated in. From there, the debate will go one of two ways: 1) The defined God does not exist because its characteristics and/or actions are refuted by historical or scientific fact or logic (Example: The Young Earth Creationist's version of Yahweh from a historical and scientific point of view, or a god that is omnipotent from a logical point of view, since omnipotence is self-contradictory) or 2) There is no verifiable empirical evidence that such a god exists, therefore belief in that god is not rational. There is no third category; belief that any god exists is irrational and unjustified since no empirical evidence indicating that such beings exist has been shown. How do we know this? a few reasons: 1) Studying gods is not a science, but instead a matter of cultural studies. 2) No Nobel Prize has EVER been rewarded for discovering concrete evidence for the existence of any gods. 3) There is disagreement among every believer in all gods regarding that god's characteristics and attitudes towards things. Why else do you think, for example, that Christians cannot come to consensus on if the 6 day creation was literal or figurative, or if Hell is an eternal place of torment or if it is just "separation from God" or if it is nonexistence? If there were any actual evidence for the existence of any gods, none of these observations would be made. While the first option (where "God" actually violates what we know about the universe) is the only one where you can prove that God does not exist, the second option still lets you win the debate because no verifiable empirical evidence = no good reason to believe god does exist. This is the heart of the null hypothesis and examples of it such as Russel's Teapot or Carl Sagan's "Dragon in My Garage." By taking the side you have, you have already won the debate because the person on the side of "God does exist" has no case that doesn't rely on personal beliefs or appeals to unjustified authority.

• Nicole

God is the creator of all things including the Heavens and the Earth. He created Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. He is the one who strikes down evil spirits with the help of the Almighty. Nobody should deny His existence because He will punish you by unlocking the door to the Devil so he can come to make you ill in so many ways. Believe me I have experienced it myself during my freshman year of high school even this previous year as a sophomore. But I finally changed spring of 2009 and have always believed in the Lord since then and I even read the Bible. I even did things that were just in the sight of Lord Jesus Christ. I even spread the words of His works as others who believe in Him do.

When I was a kid Tarzan was huge on TV. And Tarzan was a good guy. But Tarzan was raised by the Jungle animals similar to Romulus and Ramus, who were raised by a wild dog. And I always wondered if Tarzan believed in God, but it was never an issue. Tarzan never had anyone to tell him about God therefore he would not believe in God unless God showed himself in person.

Quar'n says

Surah 3. Al 'Imran :190." Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-"

Surah 51. Adh-Dhariyat "20. On the earth are signs for those of assured Faith,

21. As also in your own selves: Will ye not then see? "

• lkl

If you were locked in a room since birth, my sincere apologies to you for what you endured.

God, is a non seeing being. You gain belief by knowing God, getting to Him and all His works. You know Him through faith. Once you receive the gift of faith you will be more understanding in your knowledge of The Lord. Go to a church and meet people who are of The Lord so they can teach you about The Lord.

He will never let you down, I promise.

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • Meka

Possibly someone named Jesus saw you the whole time you were in the closet and sent one of His warring angels to watch over your life. In the NIV bible it says God gives His angels to watch over us all. One angel can destroy a whole city. All you have to do is ask Jesus into your heart and forgive you of your sins. You'll be saved by the only true savior that ever existed or ever will exist in the future.

Source(s): NIV english version Bible
  • Lisa

I'm surprised you haven't gotten someone here copying and pasting the entire bible to enlighten you.

Locked up in a room, eh? Must be home schooled...

God's written word says that even if he raised up the dead in front of them, unbelievers would still not believe. The truth is, no matter what proof you had, those who don't want to believe, won't. God's word clearly says that there are people who just don't possess faith.

that's not proof that's just ignorance (before you get offended look up the definition) it means just not knowing.

We do not know the species that live in the deepest parts of the ocean, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

You can't say you have proof, based on lack of knowledge. It's like a blind man saying I have proof that the grass is purple.

Source(s): Christian