???????????????Do I have swine flu ??????????????????????????????

Do I have swine flu?

I can barely type this out because I am shivering constantly despite being in a warm place. My temperature is 100.3f my head hurts all the time and my whole skull hurts and its hard to concentrate. I can barely breath through my nose or my mouth and I keep coughing up khaki colored mucus. My joints are achy and I slept until 3 pm yesterday despite my daily routine of waking up at 9 am. Also I vomited once yesterday. I rarely get sick so I don't know how to cope. I stayed at my fathers house a few days ago. My father has a vaccine because he works at a hospital. He recently replaced waste pipe witch I can imagine is very hazardous.I dont have an appetite. The thought of eating anything is horrifying to me witch is strange because I eat a lot because I race bikes professionally.

I am poooooor and don't have insurance. I am still slowly paying off debt from treatment from a pressure cooker explosion.

Favorite Answer

think it looks like you are just getting a cold (type of flu but not swine flu). if you want to read more about the symptoms of swine flu, they are explained in this article: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/swineflu/%E2%80%A6

You need to now make sure you dont prolonge your cold or even the flu, so first thing is cleaning, and secondly taking care of yourself. Of course second one is more important :P

Cleaning:

Wipe down the following with anti-bacterial type wipes: Door knobs (esp bathrooms), drawer handles, your computer, the desk you work on, light switches, the handle of the kettle and the handle of the fridge.

Other things (apart from cleaning) and more importantly:

Make you stay warm - keep checking your body temperature.

Buy something like lemsip (hot drink for cold and flu) or buy http://www.healthchemist.co.nz/nasal-spr%E2%80%A6 This is really good - have a quick read.

Buy throat lozenges (honey and lemon ones). Make sure you keep blowing your nose so that you dont get a head cold (if you are feeling stuffy). Drink LOTS and LOTS of water.

Try and make, then drink the following: Hot water, with squeezed lemon (1 teaspoon) with 1 tablespoon honey. Drink lots of this.

Have LOTS of fruits - buy vitamin C tablets (you can also buy chewable ones). Or buy these tablets (or something similar to them): http://www.chemist.co.nz/product.cfm?Pro%E2%80%A6 Its honestly really good.

Drink lots of Echinecea tea (tastes nice too).

If you do start to feel a bit sick, rest HEAPS - just sleep for a few hours. Make sure you nap everyday for 1 hour so that your body rests. Do this for 3 days. You really need to sleep more.

These are just precautions that I recommend to avoid getting the cold - or at least reduce the symptoms or decrease the duration of the cold.

Oh andd, gargle warm water (mixed with salt) once a day.

If your thoart starts hurting, try this: To help your throat specifically, I have a home-made formula that will REALLY HELP:

1) Boil Sprite (lemonade) with pieces of ginger

2) While boiling, half way through, add 1 teaspoon of squeezed lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey

3) Remove the ginger (if you dont like it)

DRINK!

Seriously, best cure for throats

Source(s): My own experience - I always used to get the bloody cold and now I know exactly what to do!!!

Hi Cobb.

The symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu virus in people include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, including 2009 H1N1 and have respiratory symptoms without a fever. Severe illnesses and deaths have occurred as a result of illness associated with this virus.

For more info please visit http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/

What are “emergency warning signs” that should signal anyone to seek medical care urgently?

In children:

• Fast breathing or trouble breathing

• Bluish skin color

• Not drinking enough fluids

• Not waking up or not interacting

• Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held

• Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

• Fever with a rash

In adults:

• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath

• Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen

• Sudden dizziness

• Confusion

• Severe or persistent vomiting

Take Care. Regards.

consult a doctor, don't be afraid of swine flu, all of us got that already me and my whole classmates and nothing bad happened, unless you are in a high risk class who has underlying respiratory disease. symptoms are high fever, chills, body pain sorethroat, cold. drink lots of water it can help you. always rehydrate it will help to regulate your body temperature.