Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

I want to know about Kofi Annan. Please help!?

I want a short biography of his. But the main thing I want is a description of what he did to contribute to world peace.

Favorite Answer

Human Rights Failures

Under Annan the U.N. has shamelessly appeased dictators and tyrants, from Baghdad to Tehran to Khartoum, and has stood weak-kneed in the face of genocide and ethnic cleansing. As head of United Nations peacekeeping operations in the mid-1990s before he rose to Secretary General, Annan never apologized to the victims of the Rwanda genocide, whose slaughter was the consequence of the U.N.'s failure to intervene, or to the families of Muslims massacred at Srebrenica while under the protection of U.N. soldiers. Annan's lack of humility in the face of great human tragedy has been one of his greatest shortcomings as a U.N. leader. Nor has he ever apologized to the people of Iraq, whose former president he described as "a man I can do business with."

read more at:

• As far as I know it seems he wanted to strip the U.S. of its sovereignty any way he could and for a while was making good progress.