FHA down payment gift question...?

I'm in the process of buying a house. My parents told me they would pay for my down payment in the amount of $3500 (3.5% of total price). The problem is, is that I was approved for the loan today and they asked about the source of my down payment. They said I had to show proof of it going from my their account... show more I'm in the process of buying a house. My parents told me they would pay for my down payment in the amount of $3500 (3.5% of total price). The problem is, is that I was approved for the loan today and they asked about the source of my down payment. They said I had to show proof of it going from my their account to mine. Well they just happened to have the money cash at home. So theres no way to trace it. From what I've "googled" it appears to have to be in an account for around 30 days or so and we're supposed to close in about 15 days. So its not possible. I'm going to try and talk to the lender on monday but I'm slighlty OCD and need info NOW. lol. So any help on whether it would even be possible for this to work would be appreciated or if cash from one hand to other is even possible. When they see the deposit in my account they'll want to know where it came from. Well it came from my parents home and theres no proof beyond that. I'm just worried that I've wasted weeks of mine and my realtors time!
Update: No there is nothing fishy! The money was in a lock box at home. I live in southern Louisiana. It was money for hurricane emergency and now that hurricane season is practically over they wont need it till next year and have time to prepare again if they give it to me. But I did read it had to be "seasoned"... show more No there is nothing fishy! The money was in a lock box at home. I live in southern Louisiana. It was money for hurricane emergency and now that hurricane season is practically over they wont need it till next year and have time to prepare again if they give it to me. But I did read it had to be "seasoned" like sitting in an account for a while. The rules are stupid because there is no way they can trace money where it came from anyway. Its almost as if theyre trying to make it impossible.
Update 2: Well Teran that is not how they save money. They do have checking and savings but what good would it do if you have ALL your money in an account then a repeat of hurricane Katrina/Rita come through and knock out the power for weeks and you have no way to run credit/debit cards. We had that problem before. It's... show more Well Teran that is not how they save money. They do have checking and savings but what good would it do if you have ALL your money in an account then a repeat of hurricane Katrina/Rita come through and knock out the power for weeks and you have no way to run credit/debit cards. We had that problem before. It's not fun. Not that the season it over than can save the money back up. Had I'd known the EXACT house/price/payment etc I'd just had them do all that months ago and there would be no problem. Basically the webiste just says it can be gifted so that how I took it and it really doesnt make any sense. If I wanted to gift my brother some money and take out a loan to do it and "I" pay for it then thats my business and it wouldnt affect him. But anyway I'm doing a USDA loan and I'll just use the money to help upgrade the house. Thanks for the answers everyone!