Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Should we do our National History Day Project on Michael Jackson? The topic is innovations.?

The guidelines are:

It needs to fit the theme which is Innovations in History: Impact and Change

It NEEDS to be unique.

It needs to be historical and factual.

It needs to be interesting :)

Favorite Answer

It needs to fit the theme which is Innovations in History: Impact and Change. YES!

It NEEDS to be unique. YES!

It needs to be historical and factual. YES - IT'S ABOUT HIS LIFE AND IMPACT ON SOCIETY!

It needs to be interesting :) DUH - OF COURSE! HE'S THE TALK OF THE TOWN!

When speaking of Michael Jackson, though, focus more on his effect on media, society, pop culture, etc. He is the King of Pop. That has to relate to innovation in some way!! XD

• ?

Oh, yes you can. Michael Jackson broke many records in the music industry and brought a level of artistic innovation to popular music that hadn't been seen since Elvis or the Beatles. According to the author of the article on the album Thriller at Wikipedia, "Jackson transformed the medium of music video into an art form and promotional tool through the use of complex story lines, dance routines, special effects and cameo appearances by well known personalities." You can find a lot of information there about Michael's innovations and how he changed MTV, for example. His video for the song Thriller was the first to use a famous film director, John Landis, who had directed An American Werewolf in London two years before. (See article at Wikipedia "Michael Jackson's Thriller" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson's_Thr... You'll find a lot of information easily on this topic. I wish you the best of luck.

I will tear my 'rents up if I don't get one! My scream is unbearable haha, I just SCREEEEAM, and they comply, I really like screech! I am going to make sure I get it before everyone else......HAHAHA....must....get....it...... I will buy ALL of them, so NO ONE else can have them, sorry, hehehehehehehehe................ But man, Michael was so cool he always innovated everything first, he was really a genius. He innovated everything the shirt films, the moonwalk, he had the morphing technology in "Black Or White" and "Remember The Time" and the patented anti-gravity shoes, and the slow motion effects that HE HAD FIRST in "Stranger In Moscow" that all the commercials use today, and "Ghosts".........we really did lose perhaps the most creative man who ever lived, I mean who else but MICHAEL JACKSON, could make it cool to make a single white SEQUINED glove??? I mean like COME ON! My GRANDFATHER, had a white glove like dude, Michael Jackson was and is priceless he was all time =) And no, I won't get it for Christmas, I will get it sooner because my parents know what's GOOD for them.

Absolutely not. Michael Jackson was just a pop music artist (and a child molester at that), defintely NOT an American historical figure. Choose someone who did a great deal for this country, not an entertainer.