How to reduce shyness and increase self-confidence?

Hi, From my entire life, I have been facing a very stupid problem of shyness and lack of confidence. Even when I am simply walking, and there are suppose about 2 or 3 persons coming from the opposite side, I can't make an positive eye contact with them, or even pass by without looking at them in my own rythm.... show more Hi, From my entire life, I have been facing a very stupid problem of shyness and lack of confidence. Even when I am simply walking, and there are suppose about 2 or 3 persons coming from the opposite side, I can't make an positive eye contact with them, or even pass by without looking at them in my own rythm. What is the problem here??? I am having good eyesight, but sometimes my eyes do feel a bit tangy and dizzy, so I feel shy what they might think of me. How can I get rid of that feeling? I just want to be myself and stop worrying about others, and be a confident person. Brain is a tool, but how can I manipulate it to be thinking in a positive way? I want that when I am walking in a crowded environment, I want my head held up with eyecontacts with all people? Has anybody gone through this ill feeling ever. Please suggest me something? Even when I am in conversation with say 2 people, I feel shy to speak, there are thoughts in my mind most of the time but they are about 99% different and distinct from what the other 2 persons are thinking, so I feel afraid that I might look stupid? I am a fair coloured person with not that attractive looks, but average, is that something to do with my self confidence or shyness????? Also I don't love myself that much because I wanted to be more beautiful with good looks, and I keep on trying that all the time. One more thing, that one is ridiculous. When I along with my 3 friends is passing from near a long mirror in our college, I am not absolutely looking at me, I feel shy to look at me, and I look at them whether they are looking at me or not. I am smarter than some of my friends , but still they can make an eyecontact with themselves in the mirror, but why I feel so distracted?? Even in the hair saloon, I get distracted a lot and start looking from within the mirror the people sitting around me and the hairdresser. Why I don't have that much confidence. I want to change myself completely. Please suggest any possible ways, experiences or anything anyone knows about how can I get rid of my bounty lot of problems? Please give a detailed answer, so that I can get a detailed idea about my steps do overcome this.

Tarun.
8 answers 8