Jehovah's witnesses, If a person actually gets dfd are they not suppose to ever talk about god to anyone?

What if they feel compelled to speak about Jehovah to others at work? Say they were dfd because they did something in the heat of the moment { say adultery}and while they are in that state hear someone needing the truth, do they withhold the good news because they are not qualified?

Update:

wELL AT LEAST WHEN WE DIFELLOWSHIP PEOPLE WE DO NOT KIDNAP THEM AND FORCE THEM TO DO OUR WILL UNLIKE CULTS SUCH AS JIM JONES WHO MURDERED HIS FOLLOWERS AND WE HAVE TO AGREE TO THE FACT THAT IT COULD HAPPEN BEFORE WE ARE BAPTIZED SO I SEE IT AS STUPID TO ATTACK US FOR IT. tHE PEOPLE WHO HAD IT HAPPEN TO THEM AGREED TO IT LONG BEFORE IT HAPPENED. i AM JW. i WAS ASKING FOR THE BENEFIT OF DFD PEOPLE WHO MAY FIND IT DIFFICULT TO GO ON AND BRING THEM SOME RELEIF IF THEY WERE NOT AWARE. IT IS A KINDNESS THAT I AM EXTENDING . VOT IS RIGHT .

Update 2:

Yes tuppence it does signify that they most likly will return.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Personally; I Know of; or have Heard of SEVERAL People coming into the Truth because a Disfellowshiped Person

>>>>>>>>>>> . WITNESSed !

2 them !

• 1 decade ago

Not a JW.

That is somewhat true from what I have been told. They can talk to a worldly but not claim to be a JW or make them a study.

I find it interesting that Jeh hovah's Witnesses disfellowship for something like the 'heat of the moment'.

I thought that the Watch Tower councils to see if a person has a repentant heart. And only then are they kicked out.

This does not sound like the whole story.

• 1 decade ago

"Jehovah's witnesses, If a person actually gets dfd are they not suppose to ever talk about god to anyone?"

Everyone is absolutely free to talk about whatever they want. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about Jehovah God and the Bible is free to share that knowledge they have with others.

============

FYOP: d'fd= Disfellowshipped; a state of being in which someone who is one of Jehovah's Witnesses UNREPENTANTLY practices gross sin and has to be expelled from the congregation until they change their ways.

============

The Apostle, Vot assumes you are American, sorry if you're not, but do you find the phrase "President Obama" redundant too?

I don't see anything redundant about addressing someone using their NAME and TITLE at the same time.

Titles: God, Lord, President, Mayor, Judge...

Names: Jehovah, Jesus, Obama, Brown, Johnson....

What would be redundant would be saying "the Divine God", because divinity is something the title "God" already contains, just as a "woman" always has the quality of femininity.

• Hi, sis

I have to say that if someone was disfellowshipped, what is the likely hood of them WANTING to talk about Jehovah? So, if they do, then they should be back in the truth, surely, eh!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, that is not what disfellowshipping means. If someone needs the good news you should share it with them. Perhaps you could also say that you are currently not a member in good standing but you still believe it is the right religion and hope to return soon.

• 1 decade ago

Just to address the comment about "Jehovah God" being redundant:

"Jehovah God" is a word for word translation of an expression taken directly out of the Hebrew scriptures themselves!

Wherever you see in your Bible "LORD God", that is actually YHWH God, since most translations substitute LORD in place of God's personal name Jehovah (YHWH).

This name + title reference to the true God is first found in the Hebrew text at Genesis 2:4. ( http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0102.htm )

To critique it's use as being redundant, is to critique the message that Jehovah inspired his prophets of old to record.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Christ gave the answer to sort this out in the NewTestament. Who is going to stop them? Not that they might necessarily want to go for it, anyway. Stop picking on the poor Jehovies, anyway. They mean well and are snubbed all day long. You know the old saying: "Fair suck of the sav."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I gotta ask ... mostly cause Im nosey ... What teh hell is "dfd" ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.