Possible blood stain on second hand clothing...?

I bought some clothing for my daughter at a consignment shop. Well, it is either blood or paint, when I first looked at it, it looked like maroon paint, after throwing it in the wash (with other clothing), it looks almost like it could be blood (maybe because the article of clothing in suspect is pink). Anyways - what do I need to do at this point to make everything hygienic just in case it is blood? For the article, the other clothing, and the wash machine. I don't know - even the site of my own blood can freak me out.

thanks!

Favorite Answer

I got a book from the library of gothic poems and the back couple pages have blood on it, so second hand clothing could have blood on it, I don't see why not.

Actually, I'd return the garment since it's my guess that the store owner didn't see it or would have never set it out in the first place. Bring your receipt and the tags if you can find them, and explain that you tried to wash it but to no avail.