Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

What are good quotes that you like to say or remember?

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

These are all my favorites -

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES -

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” - Anatole France

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein

“He is able who thinks he is able.” - Buddha

“Recognition is the greatest motivator.” - Gerard C. Eakedale

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” - Albert Einstein

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Drink to me” - Pablo Picasso

SAD/HEARTBROKEN QUOTES -

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“He's also there for people who have lost loved ones.” - Don McClure

“Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell.” - Emily Dickinson

“To be with a man who hasn't tried every line, who hasn't broken up with a woman every which way you can break up with them, is kind of nice.” - Uma Thurman

“It's afterwards you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn't necessarily prove that you loved him” - Marguerite Duras

LOVE QUOTES -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.” - Roy Croft

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

“You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end.” - Phil Martin

“Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.” - Paul Simon

LIFE QUOTES -

“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” - Robert Flatt

“Once they move, they're gone. Once you move, life starts over again.” - Jim Hinkle

“When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of a

Source(s): Quotesdaddy.com/quote/103577/brad-johnson/and-so-they-wait-mothers-wives-and-daughters-wait Quotesdaddy.com/quote/251498/william-jefferson/i-tell-folks-all-the-time-im-glad-i-was-able-to-start Quotesdaddy.com/quote/77089/bernice-johnson-reagon/lifes-challenges-are-not-supposed-to-paralyze-you Quotesdaddy.com/quote/1387057/tony-g/the-longest-journey-through-life-is-down-the-path Quotesdaddy.com/quote/1174718/abraham-lincoln/and-in-the-end-its-not-the-years-in-your-life-that Quotesdaddy.com/quote/140313/byrd-baggett/look-at-life-through-the-windshield-not-the-rear-view Quotesdaddy.com/quote/232683/w-m-lewis/the-tragedy-of-life-is-not-that-it-ends-so-soon-but Quotesdaddy.com/quote/920301/john-lennon/life-is-what-happens-to-you-while-youre-busy-making Quotesdaddy.com/quote/57247/arthur-rubinstein/i-have-found-that-if-you-love-life-life-will-love Quotesdaddy.com/quote/48719/anthony-robbins/most-people-fail-in-life-because-they-major-in-minor

Love is the sweetest of dreams,

& the worst of nightmares.

Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.

Life lives, life dies.

Life LAUGHS, life cries.

Life gives UP and life tries,

but life looks different

through EVERYONE’S eyes

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming.

I didn’t lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

When I want your opinion, I’ll remove the duct tape.

I’m a light eater. When it gets light, I start eating

If We Quit Voting, Will They All Go Away?

Live your life and risk it all

take some chances, take the fall

take your time, no need to hurry

have some fun, and never worry

If you ever feel like you wanna die,

think of all those things that make you smile

&& Live for those things. =)

Dance like no one’s watching

Love like you’ll never hurt,

Sing like no one’s listening

Live like it’s heaven on Earth.

Time is precious

and its slipping away

so cherish every moment

day after day

You have to go through the worst to get to the best

Here is a good Quote site that i really like. You might take a look there for more.

http://www.quotecrave.net

• kanna

I would like to say the following good quotes:- 1)Love is divine.If anything is divine on the earth it is love, and love makes everything else also divine.Whatsoever is touched by love becomes divine.Love is the alchemy of true life, because it transforms metal into gold.

2)What you can do,or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Goethe. 3) A journey of a 1ooo miles must begin with a single step. chinese proverb I wish you all the best.

When working on a large and important task, I remember these words of wisdom. Panic early!

Also, 53% of statistics are completely bogus. - Source unknown.

i remember studying Macbeth and i love the quote by lady Macbeth 'come what come may, time and hour run through the roughest day.'

i remember it always when i have a problem

Measure twice, cut once.

I don't like Mondays.

What does this button do?

Houston, we have a problem.

if she smells like trout, you better pull out

she smells like chicken keep on licken