What do you think I should do? (sorry a bit long!) Pls help. :)?

I am putting this in engagements & weddings, because my wedding is at the root of this problem. I have (/had) a female friend. She's my age, and essentially we grew up together like sisters. I have known her for 20+ years. We get along really, really well. Now.... when we hit our teenage years, I started... show more I am putting this in engagements & weddings, because my wedding is at the root of this problem.

I have (/had) a female friend. She's my age, and essentially we grew up together like sisters. I have known her for 20+ years. We get along really, really well.

Now.... when we hit our teenage years, I started to work hard and saved up a lot of money. She was working half-heartedly, and moved in with her drug dealing boyfriend (who is 12 years her senior). So...when I hit 18 years old, I took off traveling around the world. I was gone for about 7 years, although I did come back to visit my family a few times (and each time, I drove to where she lives, which is 4 hours away from the nearest airport). As I had always continued to work and save, despite being overseas, I was always the one paying for EVERYTHING when we did spend time together, on the odd occasions I'd come into town. And, although overseas, I did call her. She never really called me. I didn't mind any of this though, because i had a greater income then she did, and she was struggling to get by, living in a trailer with her boyfriend.

Fast forward to now. I got married in March of this year. The wedding was to be held an hour and a half away from her house. I offered her free transportation (return), i told her I didn't expect a wedding gift from her, totally NO-pay for her. I asked her to be my maid of honor. She initially said yes.... but i could tell she was hesitant. Then she backed out of that position.... saying she might not be able to make it due to work schedules. So then she went from that to "I will stay for the ceremony but I have to head home before the reception" (she had a 1 year old baby which she says is cholicky, but the baby was welcome to come too, and even her boyfriend who I don't like). Anyways so I said fine, I'll see you at the ceremony. Well, you guessed it. 2 DAYS before the ceremony, she asked me if I would be mad if she didn't come at all, because she had to work. She claimed she couldn't get out of it. I said I'd pay her equivalent wages for that day if she needed the money that badly. But no. No show, from her, and her mother (who claimed to be "sick").

I was so dissappointed. She called me when i was getting ready and I was so mad, I just couldn't talk to her because I was already nervewracked enough so I didn't answer. She kept texting me when I was on my honeymoon. I sent her a happy birthday text in Aug, but thats it. No communication since.

MY QUESTION:
Am I being unreasonable and ruining a great friendship over somethign like this, or am I doing the right thing and letting her go because by her actions, she wasn't that great a friend anyways?
Update: I also have a friend who got screwed over by her best friend for her wedding too (she gave her friend 14 months to save for a plane ticket for her destination wedding. The friend cancelled her wedding due to 'finances' and went to cuba instead 2 weeks later)