Study abroad UK! I need HELP!?

I'm thinking about studying in England for my senior year and I need people to tell me if Study Abroad UK is execelent?!?!?! I was Emailed my a man named Matthew James who says that he is going to help me through the process. Is someone supposed to email you? I'm worried about this being a scam!!! HELP!

Favorite Answer

Be wary of unsolicited email! There are lots of scams out there - be sure to check out the program that he claims to be with. Is Matthew James a scam? I don't know. The big question is how he got your email - if you filled out a form or something online or requested information in some way, he may be legit. I briefly looked at the "Study Abroad UK" website and didn't see any glaring red flags, but I didn't do a thorough investigation.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but many organizations have suspended their programs to England/Scotland/Wales/UK due to a difficulty in getting student visas. That being said, there are options for other exchanges, even English-speaking ones.

If you're willing to consider going somewhere other than the UK: If I may, I would like to cast a vote for Youth For Understanding (YFU). I am a 5-time host mom and volunteer with YFU. When I have asked exchange students why they chose YFU, I get the following answers: (1) YFU gave them more bang for their buck and/or (2) someone they knew and trusted recommended YFU. 95% of the fees collected by YFU go for direct program costs (airline tickets, support in hosting country, etc.). YFU has been around for 59 years and has learned how to make exchanges successful.

Which ever program you choose, make sure they are listed with the Council for Standards on International Educational Travel (csiet.org). They routinely audit programs for quality.

YFU has English-speaking programs to Australia, Ghana, India, and South Africa. In addition, there are a couple dozen other countries that do not require previous language study. You can check this out on the website (yfu-usa.org).

If you go to the yfu website (yfuusa.org), you can request additional information. You can also email me.

I hope this helped.

Good luck to you no matter what you choose!

Source(s): Main YFU website: yfuusa.org Phone: 1-800-TEENAGE 1-minute video about going on exchange: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze7up2FZhVU&feature... 14-min video about going on exchange: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E30uAelhpMU&NR=1

If the email came out of the blue without you contacting someone first, it's probably a scam. Google study abroad high school UK or check out AFS website.

• ginzel

properly Germany, they have the superb Aero/Mech Engineering centers there, it incredibly is the place i studied, I actually have a Aero/Mech Engineering college degree at Alfried Krupp college.