June asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Why would my dad say this about making friends with guys?

He says to be friends with them but not to get too close.

For example, he tells me not to call them but to email them instead.

What's the big deal with becoming close friends with guys anyway? I am a girl for those who don't know.

Favorite Answer

i think your father just doesn't want you to get hurt, emotionally or physically, or have to ever be in a difficult that you cannot help yourself. now most of my friends are guys, im a girl, and i've never had any issues but my dad is also very cautious about me hanging out with them. truthfully, it really isnt that big of deal though.

You need to learn to make and hold boundaries and demand respect. It doesn't just come out of the clear blue sky. The more you allow to happen from other peoples' will, the less of your own will you get to enjoy. Biology and animal attraction is the big deal between boys and girls. There's no changing that. Babies will be born given the barest chance. VD will propagate given the chance. All kinds of manipulations and games are all part of it, and if you think you can trust everybody, that's just too bad. Too bad. Are you just dying to have adenture in your life? Go to a hospice and especially visit the dying aids patients. Pay attention to their regrets- they ones who haven't lapsed into total dementia. Your father advised you out of love AND experience.

young guys even most older ones are no good! thats what i always tell my little sister who asks me for about advice about guys.. Not all of them but a good majority of them only want one thing!

i think you dad just doesn't want you to grow and he wants you to stay his little girl forever.

that's why he doesn't want you to get too close to guys.

Because guys want sex.