Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What is the real reason why conservatives hate the federal government.?

What are they trying to achieve?

here are somethings to look at, pay attention.

- They advocate for states rights, to decide laws over federal laws. The freedom for each state to determine what is and isn't legal.

- They fly and honor, the confederate flag.

- They want to reduce the power of the federal government, but want to empower state government.

What direction are they taking the union. Truth is, they are trying to undermined the union. And convert the U.S. into the Confederacy, without a shot fired. Same goal the Confederates had, same goal the republicans have. Don't look now, but those that cry out the most that they are patriots. Are trying to bring the South's Confederacy back, and they are counting on you to not notice.

States rights to decide individuals rights and freedom, is what leads to segregation, slavery, policies against gays/lesbians, and yes woman rights. They are trying to take us back, only we haven't paid much attention. Because instead of making a u turn, they are taking us for an indirect ride back south.

Look at the compass, and don't take your eyes off it. Especially if you aren't straight and a white male. Or married to someone who isn't white and straight. Because one day, you might find yourself driving through a state which laws won't protect you. And even target you.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • rz1971
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You should probably read the US Constitution. The founding fathers actually did not trust a strong central government.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Let me quote for you another Republican who argued for states' rights. His name was Oliver Wendell Homles, Jr. and he was a soldier in the Union Army during the Civil War, but ended up serving on the US Supreme Court for 29 years during the early 20th Century.

"I have not yet adequately expressed the more than anxiety that I feel at the ever increasing scope given to the Fourteenth Amendment in cutting down what I believe to be the constitutional rights of the States. As the decisions now stand, I see hardly any limit but the sky to the invalidating of those rights if they happen to strike a majority of this Court as for any reason undesirable. I cannot believe that the Amendment was intended to give us carte blanche to embody our economic or moral beliefs in its prohibitions. ... [W]e ought to remember the great caution shown by the Constitution in limiting the power of the States, and should be slow to construe ... the amendment as committing to the Court, with no guide but the Court's own discretion, the validity of whatever laws the states may pass." -- Justice Holmes, dissenting opinion, Baldwin v. Missouri, 1930, 281 US 586.

Most of the power that has been wrongly taken from the states has been taken by the US Supreme Court, because the 14th Amendment STILL gets interpreted by the Justices as an open invitation to strike down any state laws that THEY don't like.

• 1 decade ago

We feel the states have a better judgment on what their people need. What is good/needed for people in CA may not be the same for people in MD. If the great majority of states deem something worthwhile, then it becomes federal law. If anything, you are adding more diversity by allowing states to choose their own direction, and its people can choose to stay, leave, or join.

• 1 decade ago

Don't be ridiculous. Conservatives and moderates despise the trillions and trillions of debt that

is accumulating. The 1 in 10 unemployment, the useless healthcare bill, two wars, cap and

trade, and all the other expensive useless bills that have been and will be passed.

Anyone in the real world can see this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kpk02
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Do you want to live your entire life as through you're in driver's training with an instructor sitting next to you telling you where and how to drive, prepared to grab the wheel at any moment or hit their own chicken brake? That would be the Liberal/Democrat goal.

Or would you rather be free to drive your own car? That would be the conservative goal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They hate the federal government because the democrats are running it. They would have never complained if Bush had won a Nobel prize. They would not have danced in the streets when America lost the chance at hosting the Olympic Games if it had happened during a republican presidency.

Party first - country second.

• Em
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The like federal government just fine when it's invading, killing, robbing and occupying other countries. Makes them feel warm and cozy all over. God bless America!

• Bert
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They don't hate the federal government.

They just don't want to federal government wiping their @ss every time they take a sh*t.

Why do liberals not only want the fed's to wipe their @ss, but want would them to use their tongue?

They don't want to take the nation anywhere...they like where it was. When people took pride in being independent.

• 1 decade ago

Step away from the kool-aid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Holy sh*t!! I do love some liberal moonbats. Stay golden pony boy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.