Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Which one of these do you think Anti-immigration people fear the most?

1. The fact that they will be the minority in a few years?

2. The fact that many Hispanics are advancing, succeeding, and changing America?

(A good example is George Lopez having his own show.)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I think their number one fear is number 2. I think they just hate the fact that we are progressing and moving forward because that means we will be the Bosses, CEO's and Owners of companies, instead of the "work horses".

And here's a few ways WE have enriched the Mosaic:

http://www.america.gov/st/peopleplace-english/2009...

Hispanics, the Largest U.S. Minority, Enrich the American Mosaic

Washington — Hispanics, the largest and fastest-growing minority in the United States, are changing American society and culture.

POLITICS

Latinos fill several top positions in the U.S. government, including Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar. (See “Sotomayor Confirmed as Newest Supreme Court Justice.”)

ENTERTAINMENT AND CULTURE

The United States has the world’s fifth-largest Spanish-speaking population. More and more products, advertising and media — both English and Spanish — are targeted to Hispanic consumers, whose purchasing power is projected to grow to $1.2 trillion by 2012. (See “U.S. Businesses Court Increasingly Affluent Hispanic Consumers.”)

SPORTS

Many Latinos have become U.S. sports heroes, like baseball players Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez. More than 25 percent of players in Major League Baseball (MLB) are from Latin American countries. Nine Latinos have been inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame; the first was Puerto Rico’s Roberto Clemente, who died in a 1972 airplane crash while delivering humanitarian supplies to Nicaraguan earthquake victims. (See “Roberto Clemente: A Life Lost but Not Forgotten“ and “U.S. Baseball Stars Honored for Helping Dominican Town Rebuild.”)

They contribute tradition, creativity and innovation to U.S. society

• jean
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The fact that many Hispanics are trying to turn our country into a third world country in which they fled. It will not happen to about 2050 I will not be alive but only time will tell if when the Hispanics being the majority will work out for our country.

PS George Lopez is only one show. Being half the Hispanics high school students in Ca. do not graduate shows maybe it's a sign of things to come.

• 3 years ago

study their very own literature! between the founding innovations: Kill the white guy isn't racist? If an agencies founding concept replaced into kill the Hispanic guy you would be leaping by your @sshole yelling racism! yet as long because it particularly is not anti-Hispanic it particularly is solid! isn't that somewhat racist? He!! it particularly is racism organic and easy! The call itself says all of it! "THE RACE"! and don't provide me that bull cr@p approximately it advise some thing else! by capacity of their very own literature they translated it as "the race"! possibly you will desire to analyze your very own agencies in the previous you suspect their cr@p! The music racism? LOL!! They yell racism at every physique who would not consider their schedule! it particularly is like coping with a 2 year previous! in the event that they are not getting their way they cry! we've long gone over this in the previous! We gave the pro-criminal groupies sources and that they pronounced that those sources have been invalid because of fact thy have been racist sources! If any source that would not consider you're categorised a racist source then it particularly is a "self friendly delusion"! some one proves how racist l. a. raza is and l. a. raza says their opinion would not count quantity because of fact they're racist! and you ask your self why human beings do not provide you sources any further! If all you do is say "That source is invalid because of fact the racist says so" it particularly is a waste of time! think of! what's l. a. raza's best reason? assisting criminals! Is that what you help? would not the deaths of sixteen,000 human beings a year alongside with hundreds of harmless toddlers advise something yet a fulfillment of one of the founding innovations of l. a. raza "kill the white guy"?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I live in southern CA, illegal alien ground zero. They only group they are replacing are working class black people. Us established white folk are very good at holding on to our jobs, guns, and money. And subtle racism is actually quite effective at keeping hispanics away from us. We are quite good at that, too.

The George Lopez show? I give it 7 episodes, maybe ocho. No es muy comico, pendeja!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So you are saying that blacks and whites are going to be a minority group since there are many intelligent black and whites against illegal activity. George Lopez is a joke and not a very funny one at that. Nobody cares if the mexicans are succeeding as long as they are here LEGALLY! Its a shame you just can't grasp that concept.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I concur in both, plus the feeling that they are receiving payback for stealing and invading the lands of the native Americans. Paid with their same currency. THEY DON'T LIKE THAT

• 1 decade ago

Why are you confusing hatred of immigration with hatred of ILLEGAL immigration? I don't have a problem with immigration. My family is here because of it. I don't like ILLEGAL immigration because....it's.....ILLEGAL! People should come here through the proper channels, as my grandparents and great grandparents did, and strive to become citizens.

Further, my husband is Hispanic and did not have to immigrate here as he was born a citizen--in Puerto Rico. If you are talking about Mexicans, say so. Don't lump all Latinos into one group. Puerto Ricans are citizens of the US. Further, both he and his father have college degrees.

• 1 decade ago

Both

they see too many brown people and they raise heck!

• 1 decade ago

I think they hate both. These people don't like the idea of being stooped down a level in their own country, it's like someone coming inside your home and establishing themselves there. I, personally, don't mind. But a lot of people like to stay on top, and the immigrants are kicking them down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who cares?

Don't knock george lopez

Source(s): none
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.