what happened to AMAZING music?

listening to oldies/90's boy bands YET AGAIN. no offense but our music today is crap. there's no more talented singers, no more songs with meaning, no more appropriate music videos, no more variations, no more artists like Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Luther Vandross, N'Sync, Journey, Led Zeppelin, Green Day, Whitney Houston, Faith Evans, Cyndi Lauper, Queen, Heart, Tracy Chapman, Smokey Robbinson, Bon Jovi, Aretha Franklin, Tupac, Usher (old stuff), All 4 One, The Commodores, Gladys Knight...it's not fair!

i listen to varieties of music, rock, r&b, rap, hip hop, pop, alternative rock...nothing compares to how it was before. there's no unique-ness. it all sounds the same and the lyrics are STUPID! now it's all about sex and drugs. at least for the rap songs. some of today's rock is pleasant but come on...people like Miley Cyrus, Demi Levato, Jonas Brothers, Flo Rida, Soulja Boy irritate me. how did they become famous?

whenever i am in my car driving, i always play my itouch with all the old songs i love. i never listen to the radio haha. do you guys agree with me?

i put a similar question before, but i wanted to put it again to hear more views from others. and plus, i just listened to a bunch of old artists again then compared it with today's music. what a change...what do you guys think?

oh yeah, don't forget about Diana Ross! her song "Home" is amazinggg. gives me goose bumps everytime i hear it =D

red forman: chyeeeeah! so you'd rather listen to Miley and Jonas?? i just barfed in my mouth.

Favorite Answer

I'm definitely agreeing with you! The radio stations play nothing but rhianna and dance music! The music that sells today is all about sex because of the demographics that they're trying to apply to, young people love sex. We're idiots. And it sucks. And if you go against the grain all you do is get hated on and looked down on by the 'cool kids' who know all those words lyrics off by heart because that's what they've been told to like! And they don't even know it's happening! IDIOTSSSSSS!!!!!!

However i decided to change once rock music became all 'scene' and all about how pretty you sound and how good your fringe looks.... eugh.... So now i've found that i really love folk music from overseas, BUT now that's becoming more popular too! And so you get more fake fans and more irritating idiots pretending to like it! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... where's my ipod........

Source(s): so angry! hahaha this was fun ^_^

Billy Rebel is right. There is some very good new music out there right now, you just have to find it. With the Indie scene, I would even venture tha new music is much better right now than it has been at any time since around 1983. I'm an old hippie, but I can totally dig newer bands like Lacuna Coil, Gaslight Anthem, Silversun Pickups, Dandy Warhols, Black Keys, Vampire Weekend, Mgmt, Lovelikefire, The Muslims, Cut Copy. These kids are pretty good nowadays. It seems like what you're complaining about is that good new music isn't popular. Well, I have news for you. All those bands you mentioned weren't that popular back in the day either. On the whole, young people didn't listen that much to The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, etc as much as they listened to pop schlock like Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, the Bee Gees, Bay City Rollers, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Earth Wind & Fire. etc. Even in the 80's, Madonna and George Michael were far huger than Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, or U2, etc. So really, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

According to Jack Black in School of Rock, rock was killed by MTV--or the over-commercialization of mediocre music that people are convinced to like after multiple sessions of repetition.

In the case of the people, you've mentioned, Disney seems to be a culprit as well since it spends millions marketing their overly-made-up plastic teeny-boppers on children who know nothing about music, and whose parents grew up in the 1980's with the MTV generation.

What is sad is that parents don't teach their children what real music is and what talented artists came before the phony losers of today.

Rap has been dead for a long time now, ever since Tupac was killed and Bone Thugs fell of the face of the earth. The current p ussy rappers make their careers on the backs of giants.

Don't forget Mariah Carey!

Usher, Tupac, cyndi Lauper, amazing? hahahahahahaha

• ???