Skin bleaching Vs. Tanning?

Why was it such a big deal on the Tyra show when women were bleaching their skin. No one ever rants when people go tanning. It's a double standard that i do not understand. They are both damaging and they both represent "self-hate". Saying that tanning is natural is not acceptable by me because... show more Why was it such a big deal on the Tyra show when women were bleaching their skin. No one ever rants when people go tanning. It's a double standard that i do not understand. They are both damaging and they both represent "self-hate". Saying that tanning is natural is not acceptable by me because tanning beds aren't a part of nature and neither is cans of orange spray. When Caucasian people dye their hair every month and go tanning weekly they're just improving their features. But when ethnic women get weaves and relaxers and bleach their skin they hate themselves? I do not condone in either bleaching nor tanning, they both can cause cancer.

I do not bleach my skin, nor do i wear weaves, but i do relax my hair to make it more manageable. I don't hate my natural hair, its just much easier to deal with relaxed hair.

This is me..

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/tunisia_wow/100_1838-1.jpg
Update: I added a picture because I love myself.
Update 2: No matter how "natural" you guys say tanning is, it is still altering the pigmentation of the skin. Sun tanning can be healthy for the skin, but over tanning can be damaging. Natural things shouldn't be damaging should they?
Update 3: Who said I was tanned? Dumb girl.