Best Answer

It can get rancid tasting because of the oil. Just keep it air tight and keep any contamination out. And it's ok to give to dogs. My dog LOVES it.

Peanut butter can get a rancid flavor if stored in the heat. And I agree with the previous posts that it will produce bacteria if anything else got in there to contaminate it. Use a clean knife.

My vet recommends giving my dogs peanut butter or treats made with peanut butter.

peanut butter is sold both pasteurized and natural . The latter has oil which comes to the surface and needs to be mixed in when using it being natural should be refrigerated and can go rancid. The pasteurized type will be homogenized and not separate and will likely have some preservatives but still should be refrigerated. If dogs will eat it it will not hurt them. Do not give chocolate to dog can be fatal also peanut butter is great bait for mousetrap.

• Jo M

Everything goes bad eventually. The warmer it's stored, the more times it's opened and dipped into (introducing germs) or outright contaminated with another food (jelly, anyone?) will speed up the process.

Peanut butter in moderate quantities won't hurt dogs. In fact my big dog is lovingly fed bits of peanut by the veterinarian as he lies on the table to donate blood.

one it can go bad and two no it is not bad for the dogs also if you have to give dogs pills or medicine you should coat it with peanut butter

Yes to both Q's

As long as it is in an airtight jar, it will last ages though.

If using a knife that isn't clean or has jam on the jam could contaminate it, but it could take months, or even years.

Yes i can but giving it to dogs wont do anything bad, it actually might help if you need to give them medication.

yes, it goes bad. it's okay for dogs.

honey is the only food that does not go bad.

No, unless it is contaminated by something that has been introduced into the jar (dirty knife).

And dogs love it. It is safe for them.

Not at my house.