iceman
Lv 7
iceman asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Isn't it a good idea to check our own records as a nation before accusing the others of being terrorists?

Or bloodthirsty Muslim jihadist, or ruthless commie killers, etc etc.

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/intervent...

Now if you were on the other side and a victim of the US Military Interventions, what would call the US and Americans, and how would you react to their aggressions against you?

Update:

Folks, if I hated America I wouldn't care about all these and just leave as some of you suggested. But I do love and care for this great nation. I just believe as Americans we should act in a more civilized manner.

Regards.

Update 2:

Thanks and thumbs up to all your inputs.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

"America is false to the past, false to the present, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future."

Frederick Douglass

There is an underlying problem that I am afraid is going to destroy this country, or at least, lead it to disaster: It is the inability and the unwillingness of the average citizen to think for oneself. The founding fathers put everything in place for us to to resist and defend against tyranny from within yet were not able to control one thing...our apathetic lack of understanding of how the world, power, governments, and human nature work. The founding fathers were essentially too smart for the population that followed.

This is slightly off topic but the question of why we fight and the 'freedom' arguments play somewhat of a role in our hypocritical attitude. The greatest fundamental misunderstanding the people have about freedom is there unwillingness to practice it at its most basic core. As C. Wright Mills put it "Freedom is not merely the opportunity to do as one pleases; neither is it merely the opportunity to choose between set alternatives. Freedom is, first of all, the chance to formulate the available choices, to argue over them -- and then, the opportunity to choose."

These chances and opportunities are muzzled at every opportunity by the current centers of power, in todays case, the Financial and Corporate Elites that hold the sovereignty of the nation in its clutches. By way of using the politicians as 'lawmakers' when they are simply employees of these former brokers and by the related ability to use the Military as its instrument of foreign privateering, the freedom we speak about at home and abroad is nothing more than an perversion of the concept.

As for the attacks on 9-11, the perpetrators are merely the light and those that continue to profit off the attacks are their shadow; they are of the same. According to the perpetrators we were attacked because of our inability to reign in our own government from interfering in the lives of peoples abroad. As Bin Laden said, to paraphrase, if we attack you cause you are free why have we not attacked Sweden? Indeed... I have yet to see Bush, Blair, Obama or any of the other puppeteers answer this question with any logic.

In the end, our 'war on terror' is a reflection of what we demand in others that which we have yet to be able to do ourselves. We claim 'freedom' without trully practicing it ourselves while those who have trashed the constitution and hold sovereignty over our nation trash the ability of others abroad to be able to themselves. Unfortunately the common attackers and the victims are pawns to a greater game.

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."

Voltaire

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No never history has nothing to teach it is the subject of the dead and therefore necromancy

All actions must be quick and the society unconscious There should never be an investigation into motives or previous similarities

All men for their own slavery must be entertained not informed

The wars of succession are herby banned by all those who seek god --- for if the masses were to learn of those days when monarchs protected successors to the Throne with bayonets they may begin to question the bayonets that now protect the governments of Afghanistan and Iraq

This is the work of the intelectual deciever --- he is a trickster who exposes falsehood and takes away the ability of governments to dictate actions and therefore must be erradicated just as those imaginary tales of the east India trading company

All history is the enemy of the State ---- the State is good and has always been so --- investigations are only done by heretics

Abandon superstition and watch the TV

Source(s): Goddess Elspeth
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Grossman is so far to the left that he makes KFC take all the right wings out of his 3 piece meal deal. So I really don't care if he has an axe to grind. If everyone thought like him, we'd be going on 60+ years of Heiling Hitler, since we would just surrender instead of fighting. I love these revisionist historians. I'm sure Grossman hates the founding fathers too.

• 1 decade ago

Good evening,Officer PC.

Great Moments in "Psychologically Disturbed" Gunmen Committing Mass Murder

This is satire designed to show the ludicrous nature of the media coverage on the Ft. Hood issue. It is not designed to trivialize a terrible event but to make people understand better what happened and how the event is being dangerously distorted.]

http://rubinreports.blogspot.com/2009/11/great-mom...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • guru
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. Genocide has a pretty consistent pattern.

Identify your object or target of hatred.

Breed hatred, animosity, contempt.

Use tools of propaganda to inspire others against the groups.

Ask them to leave.

Tell them to leave.

Let them die.

And finally kill them if they don't leave or die.

Gays, blacks, muslims, etc. There is a long list of people who are on the list of those who would be lost in another genocide.

• 1 decade ago

If you are not on the same plane as those who do harm against you then the aggressor is the bad guy, plain and simple. So using the logic that is suggested in your question, the Nazi's, Japanese were all victims and so we should not have intervened. No matter how attrocious their actions were, there were those who believed in what they did and we intervened.

• 1 decade ago

Why would our record as a nation have any relevance as to what we call others? If they are terrorizing, they are terrorists. Would our records change this fact, Einstein?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They aren't terrorists. They wore uniforms of a country. Look at the Geneva Conventions. I'm not condoning all of the actions. I'm just saying you can't consider them terrorists.

• 1 decade ago

Nice list, I was most Impressed by the number of times the Marines were deployed. The Muslims don't have sh!t on them when it comes to a body count, Simper Fi!!!

Oh.... Yes its a great ideal to check our own history.

• 1 decade ago

Excellent question and observation as well.

There is blood on everyone's hands, and sadly, honest intellectual and spiritual self exploration is no longer valued in our present culture.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.