Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does the bible say interracial Couples are a sin?

I was arguing with this idiot and I wish to prove to him that I was right, and that it is not a sin. And if it is the bible whats the verse??

Favorite Answer

No, it says this.

Colossians 3:11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM. I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE." 17 Therefore "COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM AND BE SEPARATE, SAYS THE LORD. DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN, AND I WILL RECEIVE YOU." 18 "I WILL BE A FATHER TO YOU, AND YOU SHALL BE MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS, SAYS THE LORD ALMIGHTY."

It says Christians should only marry other Christians and that faith not racial heritage is what matters. In the Old Testament God forbid the Jews from marrying people of other tribes for the same reason. He said that if they married pagans then they would be tempted to worship their false "gods".

Boaz married Ruth a Moabite and they were in the line of David the King and eventually Jesus. But Ruth had converted and said that Naomi's God would be her God.

Ruth 1:16 But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God.

Ruth 4:13 So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife; and when he went in to her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bore a son. 14 Then the women said to Naomi, "Blessed be the LORD, who has not left you this day without a close relative; and may his name be famous in Israel! 15 And may he be to you a restorer of life and a nourisher of your old age; for your daughter-in-law, who loves you, who is better to you than seven sons, has borne him." 16 Then Naomi took the child and laid him on her bosom, and became a nurse to him. 17 Also the neighbor women gave him a name, saying, "There is a son born to Naomi." And they called his name Obed. He is the father of Jesse, the father of David. 18 Now this is the genealogy of Perez: Perez begot Hezron; 19 Hezron begot Ram, and Ram begot Amminadab; 20 Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon; 21 Salmon begot Boaz, and Boaz begot Obed; 22 Obed begot Jesse, and Jesse begot David.

There is nothing in the Bible regarding interracial relationships.

The Bible says we should love our brothers as our selves. This is pointing to praying for salvation for everyone including your enemies.

Go to www.ebiblefellowship.com. for more help.

(Confidentially I suggest you never admit you were arguing with an idiot. I would rather suggest this: The second you realize you are arguing with an idiot that you tell that person you need to invoke rule #2 and walk away. After several of these the idiot will ask you "What is rule #2?" You can first tell him rule #1 is to love God with all your heart and soul. and "rule #2 is never to argue with anyone more ignorant than myself" Then walk away.)

Here is something else to think about.

AMOS 3:7Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Here is a truth that is derived from detailed Bible study: The world will come to an end on 10/21/2011. Before that date the believes will be raptured on 5/21/2011. There is also every reason to believe that God's voice will be heard on that day and it will be God's voice that will cause the great earthquake which is indicated in the Bible as the beginning of the end event (5 months of suffering on Earth). Be prepared! Read your Bible! Go to www.timehasanend.org , www.familyradio.com, www.ebiblefellowship.com. Do your own homework and learn what the bible has to say.

www.timehasanend.org ,

www.familyradio.com,

www.ebiblefellowship.com.

Some prominent Biblical figures married outside their race. For example, Joseph took an Egyptian wife, and Moses married an Ethiopian woman. Deuteronomy 21:10-13 contains provisions for marrying a foreign woman taken captive.

But from time to time the Israelites were warned against marrying foreigners. These warnings had more to do with the religious influence a foreigner would have than a racial prohibition. Solomon is the most famous example of the dangers involved in marrying someone from a different religion. In the end, Solomon’s tolerance of his pagan wives religious practices was responsible for God’s anger against him, prompting the civil war that followed his death. (1 Kings 11:29-40)

In 1 Cor 7:12-16 & 2 Cor 6:14-18 Paul also strongly advised against marrying a non-believer, citing the irreconcilable differences in world view and the uncertainty that the believer would ever convert the unbeliever.

From the Biblical perspective, marrying someone who doesn’t share your religious beliefs poses far more serious problems than marrying outside your race.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): bible interracial couples sin: https://biturl.im/9oXmx
  • Bill C

It's not a sin. But 50 years ago, the same crowd arguing against same-sex marriage today claimed it was. Jerry Falwell went on record stating that integration and interracial marriage were against God, and that Christians should rise up to oppose both. The religious right lost that battle, so they are aimed at a different minority today. They claim that same-sex marriage is a sin. But scripture in the original languages, Hebrew and Greek, disagrees with them. So once again, they are in the wrong, and once again, history will remember them as bigots.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/wS8VC

Some people insist that the Bible meant for the races to remain pure, therefore prohibiting any kind of interracial marriage. Usually two biblical texts are drawn upon to support that view. One is the fact that Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. As you recall, Shem received a patriarchal blessing, and an enlargement of that was given Japheth. Ham, because he looked upon his father's nakedness, was cursed. 'Cursed be Canaan' was the malediction that Noah pronounced on Ham and his descendants. Some have neatly contrived from the three sons of Noah, three survivors of the flood, that this is the historic basis for three basic generic types of human beings. They claim that this is the biblical justification for there being a curse put on the black race, and white people should have no intermarriage with them. This was cited, for example, in the early documents of Mormonism, which was a great embarrassment to them when it made public years ago. Others go back to Creation, where we read that God created everything 'after its kind.' People say that this is the divine order of things in creation, which God made things according to their kind, and his intent was that they should stay according to their kind. In the case of both these arguments, I would say that that is the flimsiest evidence I can think of to support what is ultimately a racist view of the matter. I don't see anything, even in Scripture, that would prohibit interracial marriage other than problems people might face in terms of cultural prejudices. Any couple that chooses to get married in a culture that has a high degree of racism is asking for all kinds of tension directed against their marriage. If they are willing to do that, it doesn't mean that they are sinning by going ahead and entering into a marriage covenant. I think one of the strongest texts that does relate to this is in the Old Testament, where we read that Moses, who was the mediator of the old covenant, took to himself a wife who was a Cushite. A Cushite was an Ethiopian. All of the evidence that we can construct on Old Testament history indicates that Moses' wife was black. We also read that his sister, Miriam, became very distressed by the fact that her brother married Cushite. It was a racist reaction. Miriam got angry and rebuked Moses. Because of Miriam's response, God judged Miriam and gave her leprosy. So if anything, it would seem to me that God frowns upon those who are racists.

I'll say this God created everything from the heaven above to the earth below variety of all. I feel that God is not responsible for people choosing who they like or want to be with. People ask if interracial fellowship is a sin well this question remains a mystery.

• BLW

Act 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth...

We are ONE race. The human race. The only 'mixed' marriage that God forbids is a believer getting married to a nonbeliever.

No, the Bible doesn't really discuss races at all, only ethnic and tribal groups, and in this context intermarriage is only discouraged when it would result in marriages to nonbelievers. See the Book of Ruth for an example of a Moabite woman whose marriage to an Israelite is portrayed in a positive light.

you are right. interracial couples are not a sin, but if one is against that that is called

prejudice and prejudice is a sin. that guy acts like he knows, but he doesn't know anything; not even the bible.