owner didnt give me the reward!?

okay i found a dog and that i tried calling the number on the tags but they were disconnected and i couldnt see the numbers on the rabies tag. i couldnt find the owner so i kept her and fed her and cared for her for a month. i also bought her many toys. i saw a ad in the paper for the dog. there was a $200 reward and she took the dog and didnt give me my money. i loved that dog and she took it and my money. what can i do?!!

• Thomas
    Favorite Answer

You could probably recover. I would point you to the case of Glover v. Jewish War Veterans of the United States. As long as you knew about the reward before you turned the dog over, I would say you could probably prevail.

Sue her in small claims court. I hope you kept a copy of the sign or other paper offering a reward for return of the dog -- bring it with you to court.

take the ad as proof and take her to small claims court. As for the toys you're outa luck.