Jenna S asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Renting an apt in the Boston area?

Can any one suggest a realtor or agencies that is useful for this. I have looked at 100 web sites such as craigslist.com, apartment.com and other like that already.

Favorite Answer

Renting via a realtor/agency is probably going to cost one full month's rent as a fee. (In the winter months, might be half fee.) Most of the agents also post on Craigslist. For rentals in Boston, walk down Newbury Street and you'll find agents on every block: most have ads posted in their windows or on sign posts.For other towns, look at the real estate for sale listings in the Boston Globe/on Boston.com and call their office to ask for the rental agent.

But most people just use Craigslist.

When I looked for an apartment in Boston, I found Red Line Realty and Porter Square Realty to be very helpful. But PennyLee is correct: Using a realtor will cost a half to a full month's rent. If possible, find a no-fee apartment on your own. If you have any special interests or connections (churches, schools, etc), you can sometimes find rentals and/or roommates through those organizations, in addition to looking on places like Craigslist.