Tap Dancing?? Please help!!?

I'm 14 right now and thinking of taking up tap but I'm really confused about all the different types e.g Broadway, American, Irish, etc. Which type do you think I should take up or should I just start with tap then move on to the different styles? (Are there any other types?) Also, is tap dancing really... show more I'm 14 right now and thinking of taking up tap but I'm really confused about all the different types e.g Broadway, American, Irish, etc.
Which type do you think I should take up or should I just start with tap then move on to the different styles? (Are there any other types?)
Also, is tap dancing really hard to learn and how long roughly would it take me to get quite good at it if I had one and a half hour classes once every week and put lots of effort into it??
Would any of these things help me as well - being flexible, energetic, petite, good balance - cos I heard some of them help a lot in ballet?