Can I obtain email addresses in Florida under the Sunshine Law from a government entity that collects them?

I work for a non-profit and would like to e-mail people in our city in Florida to inform them of our services. We don’t have a budget to purchase an e-mail list from a marketing company. Is there a public records request we could make to get e-mail addresses from a government agency that collects them? What agencies would collect them? (Maybe the DMV?) And how to do I make the request?

Favorite Answer

There isn't. Private information is private.

Gay marriage -- requires government action to sanction it. Requires no government action to preserve the status quo. Smoking pot -- the States decide, not the Fed... as it should be. (I support legalization, btw.) Phone-tapping -- need a warrant in domestic to domestic calls. Your rights don't extend overseas, imo. Data-mining -- I'm against it in most cases Collecting info on citizens -- as long as the methods don't violate the Bill of Rights, I'm OK with it. Immigration -- Control of this is power enumerated by the Founders -- we don't claim to be anarchists. Pre-emptive wars -- Fine by me. The constitution makes the Executive commander of the military. He is elected by the people. Nothing unconstitutional there.