Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

what is necessary to legally justify the filing of a restraining order?

a girl i know, SD attends public highschool in the states. last year she was in an AEP program where a boy in the classroom seemed to have a staring infatuation with her. he also carved her initials into his arm. she attends the regularly scheduled american hs program now, and as of yesterday he is back in class with her again. This makes me feel uncomfortable for her sake. Restraining order recogmended?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He stares at her and wrote something on his arm? That may be creepy, but no judge will issue a restraining order based on it.

Restraining orders are issued when there is an immediate threat of violence or history of violence. Restraining orders are serious business and not issued by courts simply because someone makes you feel uncomfortable.

Any request for a restraining order is made before a judge and evidence and/or testimony must be presented to support your request. The subject of your allegations has the right to appear in court, challenge your accusations, and present his own witnesses and evidence to refute your claims.

• .x
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not at this point. She or her parents should speak to the principal of the school though and possibly see if he can be put into another class depending on how he has acted towards her. He may be over the infatuation though, or he may not be dangerous in any way.

From what you've said he hasn't done anything that would require or justify a restraining order at all? An infatuation is not necessarily dangerous though this kid does sound strange I agree.

• ortuno
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No, court orders are directed just to human beings. Now the dcourt can order something to be completed approximately sheep that a guy or woman owns, however the order would be against the guy, no longer the animals.

• 1 decade ago

I suggest you recommend to the girl you know she contact her local police department to determine what is necessary to obtain a legal restraining order. Restraining orders have not proven to effectively keep someone from a person they really want to be close to. The police will not provide 24-hour surveillance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Staring at someone and inflicting pain on yourself isn't enough to get a restraining order. He isn't stalking her or threatening her. She may want to discuss this with someone at the school who can find out what this guy is up to.

• 1 decade ago

lol creepy

i would wait to see if he does anymore obsessive stuff and if he continues id recommend her to file a restraining order

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol creepy

i would wait to see if he does anymore obsessive stuff and if he continues id recommend her to file a restraining order

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.