Is there a way to block these Mormon ads on yahoo answers?

They're everywhere! Everywhere I go on this site I see the ads such as "Give peace another chance, order a free book of mormon" or "One of the 20 books that changed America" or "Remember when you were a kid..."

I'm sick of their ads, I'm a devoted Anti-Mormon, how can I block them from seeing them again, is there a way? I feel like they're pushing their religious beliefs on everybody.

Favorite Answer

I dunno... it's better than the saturation of nasty mouth and teeth ads, as well as the flabby stomachs and cellulite thighs and *ss images.

I feel like I'm missing out. I'm not getting those Mormon ads. xD Then again I'm not Mormon. Ads are hard to block if they are within yahoo answers. If they are pop-ups then you can block it, if you have the right protection plan. Firefox blocks pop ups and a few others. Mc Afee does as well, Mc Afee is the best because it also protects your computer for Trojans and cleans out your computer.

I use the Adblock Plus plugin with the Mozilla Firefox browser (compatible with most any OS), and I don't see the ads. I have it to block offensive and intrusive ads. Here are some links if you're perhaps interested:

Mozilla Firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/

Adblock Plus plugin for Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/186...

• Vampie

All I get are the World Vision ads...very depressing.

But they aren't "pushing" it on you; they've paid for the ad space like any other organization.

You have the choice to not use the site if it bothers you that much.

Access to Yahoo isnt a right; its a choice...and not a necessary one either.

Source(s): Atheist
  • Qwyrx

There's no way to selectively block certain ads. You can use an ad-blocker that blocks (or attempts to block) all ads on a page. But they have the right and ability to advertise, just as much as any MMORPG or beauty cream or whatever.

FIREFOX ADBLOCK PLUS-

go to www.firefox.com and download the Firefox browser. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html Then open up the firefox browser and click on the "add-ons" and look for Ad Block Plus in the search engine

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=... and then download and install that. Restart Firefox. It's a wonderful thing. I cannot go back to regular browsers that allow advertisements.

Don't you live in a free country??? Aww, too bad. I do. I'm not a Mormon either, but, here in the good ole US you can worship or not worship whomever or whatever you want. If it stresses you so much, you're even free to stay off Answers.

• BLW

They will be replaced by something else. I think that the computer picks out ads that you might be interested in depending on things that you click on, or search.

If you enter something like closet shelves, you will get lots of closet-maid ads.

Put your favorite car, or Disney World in your search engine.

Big Brother is watching!

Commercials are the price of admission but you don't have to look at the ads.

Or, if you're willing to shut off all graphics on your browser. If you're using MSIE:

Go Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Multimedia.

Uncheck "Play animations in webpages" and "Show pictures"

That gets most of them but not all.

I don't know. Ad blocker helps.

I also found that if I center my screen just right, I block out the ad's on my own.

• Lovely

get yourself Mozilla ad blocker and remember its advertising revenue for YA. so mormoms pay the most cash for ads i guess. get the Mozilla ad blocker and be done already