What Does it Mean to Poke Someone on Facebook
By now you may be wondering what does it mean to poke someone on Facebook, and why you would want to send a poke. There are a number of reasons to send pokes, both to your friends and to those who aren't on your friends list, including:
* Just to say a quick "hello."
* To remind someone that you're waiting on a reply or message from him or her.
* To check in and see if that person has visited Facebook lately.
* To let someone know you're thinking of him or her.
* If you think you might know someone, but aren't sure if it's the right person. A poke is less intrusive than a friend request, and if that person does know you, he or she will poke you back.
* Just for fun.