My mortgage payment is due on the 15th, but that day comes on a Saturday or Sunday, can I pay on Monday?

This month, the 15th is Sunday. Will most banks extend a grace period, since they are closed on Sunday?

Best Answer

It depends on your actual due date. Many posters are assuming that your due date is the 1st and you have a 15 day grace period. If that is the case, then you will incur a late fee on the 16th, regardless of weekends. If your official due date is the 15th, then check your mortgage paperwork to see what your grace period is after your due date. Virtually all mortgage have a grace period of 10-15 days. If that's the case, then you can pay on the 16th with no penalty.

I would say no. Your mortgage is due on the first must be payed by the 15th of the month for the payment not to be late. They are giving you 15 days to get the payment to them. If the receive the payment after the 15th, they can and most likely will assess a late payment fee.

Most mortgages are due on the 1st and late after the 15th. If that's the case, you must pay by the 15th, which you can do online more than likely. Monday will be considered late and a late fee will apply.

Good Luck!

Pay online on Saturday or on Monday morning. On line transactions usually post on the same day. Call your mortgage company today, Monday November 9 in order to be certain the grace period will be satisfied in this manner. Never assume anything because it could cost you a late fee.

Source(s): experience
  • rojo

Why take a chance? Pay on Fri. to avoid a late charge. If your payday is the reason u cant pay on Fri. then u need to talk to your mortgage company & change ur payment day.

Next time send it by money gram or western union.. It will post the same time you send it.. It cost more to do it that way... But at least its less money then what your credit card is going to charge you for your late payment fee... You can send money grams and western unions payments at Most Wal Marts at their customer service desk... God bless you !

call your mortgage company and ask. one mortgage companies policies may not be the same as anothers

it depends on who your mortgage company is. I have wells fargo and they have a 15 day grace period.

• Leo F

Pay it on Friday and you will not have to worrier about it.

Yes, you can my mother does it all the time that happens

Source(s): My mother owns her own home