Is Catherine Zeta-Jones lying about her heritage?

She always goes around insisting that she's Welsh at every turn. I don't really follow what she's doing yet I've heard her bring up being Welsh at least 4 times! She's half Irish half Welsh or she claims anyway, but Zeta is Greek so why doesn't she acknowledge that - I think I read Zeta comes from her grandfather. Her features are too full to be just Irish and Welsh - she looks spanish or maybe even half black to me. How many white people have the name Jones? What do you think, why is she always talking about being Welsh if she doesn't have something to hide? Especially when she was doing Zorro and ppl thought she was Hispanic, she got really haughty about it.

Wow, Stylish, you sound defensive there... Are you a racist?

So there are no black people in Wales, lol?! Sounds like you need to expand your horizon a little bit.

Best Answer

She can claim whatever she wants. lol. That woman drips sex.

As answerer above said Jones is a very common name in Wales.

Zeta was actually her welsh grandmother's name.

She is welsh through and through. She used to be on a TV series in the early 90s here in the UK (darling buds of may) before she made it big in Hollywood. She's always been known as welsh, this isn't a new thing. Why would she even invent this?

She is not spanish/half black... she is a credit to the welsh race. ALSO as above said... she is Welsh with Irish heritage and both are known for their dark looks (dark eyes, hair etc)..

Source(s): Irish heritage... most of my family have dark features...

She does not look Welsh to me at all. Not that Welsh are all blonde/blue eyed, but they don't look quite that exotic. I realize that she probably uses a tanning bed to keep her skin bronzed, but her facial features do not look Welsh at all. I think she could pass for Turkish, Greek, native American or Hispanic.

• Did you just ask how many white people have the name Jones? LMAO, half of Wales has the name Jones!!

Tom Jones?? Steve Jones?? Catherine Zeta Jones?? Just a few WELSH celebrities with the same name, kid.

Secondly, she calls herself Welsh because she IS Welsh - she was born and bread in Wales, what else would she call herself?

Lastly, I'm imagining that you've never been to Ireland or Wales, or met a Celtic person. Common features of the celtic (irish, scottish, welsh)... dark hair and dark eyes, love.

Do some reading, expand your knowledge of the rest of the world.

• KurtS

Whenever a N.European has darker hair, eyes or complexion, somebody (predictably) uses a stereotype of another ethnic group to suggest they're an "outsider" to their own heritage. Despite popular stereotypes, differences in appearance are normal within any one group due to expected genetic variation within families and their older tribal histories. This is the norm--and not the exception. Anyone proud of their heritage won't like racists taking that from them.

welsh people are descendants from the basque people... its been proven with DNA tests so that explains why the welsh (along with irish,scottish and most english people) are commonly known for their dark features.

she looks spanish to me.. but you think she's half black.. seriously?

Who says she is lying, do you have proof of her heritage...plus, who cares, she is who she is. I know LOTS of white people with the name Jones so that is just crazy.

no matter what she is, feel sorry for her. She has to f*ck Michael Douglas & he is a dinosaur; isn't he like 80 years old?

WOW, you give good rant.