I'm all for acknowledging that a "creator" might exist, but why go so far as to make It seem almost human?

I am agnostic, and as a result I try to keep an open mind about things I believe I do not and cannot know given my current situation. I cannot, for example, look into the gaping maw of a black hole and see where it leads. I cannot peer into the brain of another human being and see what motivates them. ... show more I am agnostic, and as a result I try to keep an open mind about things I believe I do not and cannot know given my current situation.

I cannot, for example, look into the gaping maw of a black hole and see where it leads. I cannot peer into the brain of another human being and see what motivates them.

Certainly there are many wondrous things that happen in our lives. Each of us, indeed, is a walking, talking, thinking miracle, the product of either random chance or directed intelligence or something else outside of our perception.

Many assume the creator is loving, but why should It be when bad things happen to good people all the time? Many also assume that the creator thinks man is superior to woman, but why should It promote this when men and women can perform a great many tasks on at least equal footing? One particularly ludicrous assumption is that a version of this creator somehow prefers its male followers to have the foreskin of their penis painfully lopped off in infancy, how does this make sense?

I acknowledge the possibility that a "creator" may exist, but isn't it going too far to attribute human-like values to It?
Update: Thom Yorke: I didn't say I believe in any creator, I said I'm open to the possibility; it doesn't qualify as a delusion if there isn't something to be deluded about. Oli: It's a reasonable question, not merely a rant. But I bet you'd rant if you had a sensitive and nerve-ending-rich part... show more Thom Yorke: I didn't say I believe in any creator, I said I'm open to the possibility; it doesn't qualify as a delusion if there isn't something to be deluded about.

Oli: It's a reasonable question, not merely a rant. But I bet you'd rant if you had a sensitive and nerve-ending-rich part of your penis chopped up and thrown away for your God.