How to cover up my garage door?

just moved into a house. the owners made the garage into another room with its own full size bathroom and all. i mean its done really nice but there one probable... a garage door! does anyone have any ideas how to cover it up? keep the draft out . like a expandable wall?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • me
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Many times the door is left there so that you don't get accessed for extra taxes. Normally, in those cases a false wall is put up a bit of the way in from the door to still give you storage. The door changed to a barn style with a framed screen to eliminate the overhead apparatus.

There are garage door blankets that will help in the short term. Not a great option but a fast temporary one. Especially if you are currently using the room. http://reviews.homedepot.ca/1998/941465/reviews.ht... Couple that with extra insulation at the bottom, top and sides and the heat shrink insulation over top. Hang a full wall of curtains to cover it.

Then...

Get tall inexpensive book cases and put them in front of the curtains, it will create a temporary wall. And hide the fugliness behind

The best thing to do is frame in a large window, sliders or even a set of 3 french doors.

• reams
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Garage Door Cover

• 1 decade ago

Did the remodeler insulate the garage walls? They're not usually insulated... Here's something you can do: glue styrofoam sheets directly to the garage door (inside or outside), as well as to the uninsulated walls if there are any. Then apply a thin layer of stucco cement directly to the styrofoam. Paint & voila! You have a classy stucco finish that'll give your room a European feel and add insulation as well.

As for the outside look of the garage door, check out the article below that shows how to build an arbor over your unsightly garage doors.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to cover up my garage door?

just moved into a house. the owners made the garage into another room with its own full size bathroom and all. i mean its done really nice but there one probable... a garage door! does anyone have any ideas how to cover it up? keep the draft out . like a expandable wall?

Source(s): cover garage door: https://tr.im/LMrZU
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You could leave the door in position ,and use a stud wall ,insulated with rock wool on the inside , this way you do not have the expense of trying to match the front of the house ,where the garage door was

• 1 decade ago

find it hard to believe he left it with no internal wall ....you can see through the gaps ..however just build a stud wall ....insulate ..board and plaster it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.