promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Police/Fire/EMT radio codes?

I got a police scanner app for my ipod touch today. It's really cool, but is there a site that explains all the radio codes? Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Look up lots of local codes here.

http://www.nat-com.org/radio.htm

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database - http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?XHqB
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Codes are not consistent from one place to another. But there are indeed lots of sites. The trick is to find what information you can find online acually corresponds to the practices of the agencies you are listening to.That takes a lot of listening, and some thought. You may hear "10-25" and look on a list and it says "Barking dog," or "Man with a knife" (actual examples.) But the radio traffic that follows doesn't seem to fit either of those. Eventually you hear that the the 10-25 has been extingushed, and mop-up will continue through the night. Aha! 10-25 clarly means a fire for that agency.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I got that application too. In order to get the different codes you have to go to many different sites to get the different codes and signals that vary for each state. What I did was type police codes into google and different sites came up providing different police codes for different states. There is also an application for police codes you can buy on your ipod, or another police scanner with the codes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Batsu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Radio codes differ from state to state, and some are even agency specific. Most agencies operate of some form of the 10 code, but it does differ. For instance, the well-known "10-4" may mean "understood" in one agency, but mean "go ahead with your radio traffic" in another state. We have that difference in my state and the one next to it. In addition, some agencies refer to crimes by their statute number in the law book, while others may refer to them by an agency code. For instance, a 287 in California is a possible homicide, while in my state it is either a 10-49 or 0801, depending on which lingo we wish to use. The famous 5150 album by Van Halen was from a police code for a mentally disturbed subject. Confused yet?

• 6 years ago

code 500

• Jard
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

policefireemt radio codes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.