Ninja 250R vs Honda Rebel, first bike?

I will hopefully be picking up my first bike soon, and I've narrowed the options down to these two. I don't mind the riding position of either bike. I am about 6 feet tall, slim and slender. Which of these bikes seems like it would be the best for starters? I hear that most Ninja 250 engines last about 50k... show more I will hopefully be picking up my first bike soon, and I've narrowed the options down to these two. I don't mind the riding position of either bike. I am about 6 feet tall, slim and slender. Which of these bikes seems like it would be the best for starters? I hear that most Ninja 250 engines last about 50k to 60k miles, and that the Rebel engine is "bulletproof," but I can't find any numbers for the Rebel. The air cooled Rebel engine seems like it doesn't require as much maintenance as the Ninja engine. Which is more reliable? Which bike can handle passengers better?
Update: I'm also considering the Suzuki S40. It's fairly inexpensive and is a lot more bike than a Rebel.