What are good ways to help restore faith?

When going to church and reading the bible isn't enough, what are other ways to help restore faith? I feel empty inside and I don't feel like God is with me, but I want to feel Him...any good advice from Christians...no Watchtower stuff or athiests answers please(I just don't agree with you guys; thanks for understanding).

Favorite Answer

Successfully commit a crime and you will realize that faith is not needed.

Are you in a biblestudy class that challenges you? Try volunteering at church and out of church and meet people to discuss and talk about your life, especially with mentors like a youth pastor. I would read Habbakuk a small book of the bible and really understand what he was feeling and what the end result was. You know David was feeling those feelings too, read Psalm 69 and 73. I would have a prayer life and pray daily and often and even having a journal and asking God to give you opportunity for Him to use you to bless others, fellowship with other believers and even invite a few girls over to watch a Christian movie together or if you like books start Christian book study at church, if you want to help or start something they will support you. Go visit elderly or babies in the hospital to be a blessing and be blessed. be a big sister and help young girls or a reading program or help in a soup kitchen every week and you will definately realize God is there! God bless sis.

Beloved,

I can understand because sometimes it seems that God is quiet. Just continue to worship Him sincerely. Examine yourself, get rid of everything in your life that you can that would cause separation from God. It could be secular music, thoughts, etc. Meditate on Him day and night. Pray earnestly and find a good Christian friend to talk to about the goodness of God. Remember at one point, Jesus felt so alone that He cried out "Abba Abba, why have you forsaken me?" So sometimes we're not going to hear Him or feel Him, but just know that He's always with you and He loves you more than anything. Keep praising Him. God Bless!

I know how you feel and the best thing that i can tell you to do is start worshipping him. And! Stand on the promise he has for you the promise of a good life to live life abundently, to lead you beside the still waters to carry you the rest of the way when you can't walk anymore stand on his word. Satan wants to keep you down because there you will not raise your voice there you will not seek his face I pray favor upon you i pray for grace and peace in your soul God says he see you when you cry at night and he said he hasn't left you or forsaken you he loves you and he hears your prayers he held you last night while you cried out to him he stood by you when you went through your trail. He is watching over your children he says do not worry for i shall bring all things new to you i shall restore you seven times greater then what was lost be of Good cheer.

Love God

P.S. God loves you so much he says even has you are reading this he is touching your face and holding your hand.

Source(s): Holy Spirit

Faith

Definition: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” (Heb. 11:1) True faith is not credulity, that is, a readiness to believe something without sound evidence or just because a person wants it to be so. Genuine faith requires basic or fundamental knowledge, acquaintance with evidence, as well as heartfelt appreciation of what that evidence indicates. Thus, although it is impossible to have real faith without accurate knowledge, the Bible says that it is “with the heart” that one exercises faith.—Rom. 10:10.

Since faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God, you cannot get away from reading the covenant and acting on what you read. As you put the promises into your life, you will be pleasantly surprised how much God loves you .

Stop thinking of faith as some-thing you have, think of it as a journey. Sometimes on a journey we get tired, we go through desert times, mountaintops and valleys. Even when we don't "feel" God is near, God promises to be near so we can trust beyond our feelings or circumstances. Keep walking the walk and know that God is on the journey with us.

ask Him and it shall be given, answer His calling to fully return...Seek His Truths as He commands, lest ye be decieved, His Truths are Scripture, pray before you begin, for understanding and wisdom, and dig in, you'll be amazed at what you "feel", I cannot put it into words, but just gtting into His Holy Living Word will indeed be more than helpful :-) try reading Psalms to get started.....for other awesome resouces amazingfacts.org :-) God Bless

Source(s): not PeRfEcT/Just forgiven SDA former catholic
  • ....

The more time you spend with God, He will fill the empty place in your heart. Some Christians never seek God, nor know Him even thou they are saved. They never seek a relationship with the Lord.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for

ask and ye shall receive

knock and it shall be opened

• Lindy

Share God with others who believe as you do, recount all the blessings He has given you.