Red rash on 6 week old's cheeks...eczema?

My almost 6 week old has a red rash on both cheeks, though it's more pronounced on the left. It started a few days ago as red bumps that I thought were baby acne, but they've sort of "morphed" together to become these slightly raised patches. They're also extremely dry and rough to the... show more My almost 6 week old has a red rash on both cheeks, though it's more pronounced on the left. It started a few days ago as red bumps that I thought were baby acne, but they've sort of "morphed" together to become these slightly raised patches. They're also extremely dry and rough to the touch, and seem lighter on the "inside" of the patches and more pink around the outer part. I started putting Cetaphil lotion on his cheeks because they were so dry, and that seems to have helped a bit.

My sister said it looks like eczema (she would know, she has it), but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the least...doesn't eczema itch, or not necessarily?

Incase it's relevant, I've recently cut dairy out of my diet per my pediatricians reccommendation because he was very gassy and had bright green poop (i'm breastfeeding exclusively). He now has yellow poop sometimes, but sometimes it's still bright green, even though I've cut out all dairy. (I saw the ped. last week, of course, the rash appeared the day *after* my appt.) Oh, and he doesn't have a fever. He gets fussy at night due to the gas, but the cheeks don't seem to bother him in the least.

I plan on calling to make an appt. tomorrow, but any insight in the meantime would be appreciated...it's driving me crazy!