i have a question about construction working? on a sunday? at 7 a.m? is it legal?

so our neighbors sold the house, and our new neighbors are remodeling it before they move in. they start everyday at 7a.m and finish up at 7p.m. on normal days i don't mind but its on the weekends too! even on Sundays, and well it doesn't let people sleep! is it legal? is there anything i can do about it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Look up the local noise laws in your city/county? Thats about the best you can do. Most cities have a exact time where you can be noisey and a cut off time in the evening. it also has to go along with what your community is comprised of. If your neighborhood is say 30 houses and more then 50% of those homes are owned/occupied by older people. The noise laws will be very strict.

Its about the best advice i can give a person.

• 1 decade ago

Depends where you live. But most places, it's legal to start construction at 7 am any day of the week. Some places it's 5am, some it's 8am. So you'll have to check with your local by-law but I don't think they're doing anything wrong.

• mjls15
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You would have to check your city's rules and regulations. There are set times were you can make noise above a certain level which in this case would be your construction work dilemma.

• rtfm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Depends on local laws. 7 am on a weekend sounds a little early to me, but we can't tell you for sure since you don't say where you live.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kapn
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sounds like your on your way toward a great relationship with your new neighbors........file a complaint........they your relationship is down the tube......check the local regulation on start stop times.....may be something there........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.